Rouge Cloitre Abbey And ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: Rue de Rouge-Cloître 4, 1160 Oudergem, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-26605597
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Forest, Park, Family And Kids
Rouge Cloitre Abbey And Park - Review
There is a lot to love about this 1367 century Augustinian Abbey in the Sonian Forest (though it does not function as an Abbey anymore). For one, the surroundings are really atmospheric and pretty - forests, lakes, trails. For a while between the 14th and 16th centuries it was important for various reasons. For example; it has a great library and a workshop for illumination; a nearby watermill was used to grind grain; there’s a sandstone church adorned with paintings by Ruben; and rulers of great note like Charles V, the Holy Roman Emperor and Isabella of Spain have stayed here. Today it functions as an art center. In the parks around the area you will find a forest walk, a lakeside walk, a playground, and exercise stations.
Rouge Cloitre Abbey And Park Information
- Not disabled accessible; they don’t have lift to go up.
Rouge Cloitre Abbey And Park Ticket Prices
- EUR 2 for reduced price categories.
- Free for kids under 12 and first Sunday of the Month.
Rouge Cloitre Abbey And Park Hours
- Special exhibitions may have their own times.
How To reach Rouge Cloitre Abbey And Park by Public Transport
- Drive to here.
- Take a taxi.
- Take take Metro 5 stop Herrmann-Debroux station; walk to the Rouge-Cloître Abbey.
- Bus line 41, 72 stop Herrmann-Debroux.
- Train to Groenendaal Station from Brussels Central Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Rouge Cloitre Abbey And Park
0.2% of people who visit Brussels include Rouge Cloitre Abbey And Park in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
83.33% of people start their Rouge Cloitre Abbey And Park visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Rouge Cloitre Abbey And Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rouge Cloitre Abbey And Park