Sint-katelijnekerk9 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Pl. Sainte-Catherin 59, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-25133481
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Built in the 15th century as a Baroque church, the building was given a makeover in the 19th. It has a lot of different architectural influences now. The only truly Baroque element left is the somewhat ruined bell tower. The interior is in Gothic style. The highlights are:
- A spacious Baroque interior
- 14th century stone statue of the Black Madonna left of the altar.
- Two ornate tombs.
- A beautiful painting of Saint Catherine.
- The imposing looking west portal.
- The stone Black Tower east of the church, which used to be part of the 12 century city walls.
- Check the church website for service times.
How to Reach Sint-katelijnekerk
- Buses 29, 66, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13. N16 stop De Brouckere.
- Subway Line 1 and 5 stop Sainte-Catherine.
- Buses 86, 126, 127, 128, N16 stop Dansaert.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.08% of people who visit Brussels include Sint-katelijnekerk in their plan
95% of people start their Sint-katelijnekerk visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sint-katelijnekerk
95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Sint-katelijnekerk
People normally also visit Grand Place while planning their trip to Sint-katelijnekerk.