About Sint-katelijnekerk, Brussels
Sint-katelijnekerk, Brussels - Address, Phone Number
Address: Pl. Sainte-Catherin 59, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Time Required: 00:15 Mins
Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 199 times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Built in the 15th century as a Baroque church, the building was given a makeover in the 19th. It has a lot of different architectural influences now. The only truly Baroque element left is the somewhat ruined bell tower. The interior is in Gothic style. The highlights are:
- A spacious Baroque interior
- 14th century stone statue of the Black Madonna left of the altar.
- Two ornate tombs.
- A beautiful painting of Saint Catherine.
- The imposing looking west portal.
- The stone Black Tower east of the church, which used to be part of the 12 century city walls.
Sint-katelijnekerk Opening and Closing Hours
- Check the church website for service times.
How To reach Sint-katelijnekerk by Public Transport
- Buses 29, 66, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13. N16 stop De Brouckere.
- Subway Line 1 and 5 stop Sainte-Catherine.
- Buses 86, 126, 127, 128, N16 stop Dansaert.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
Sint-katelijnekerk, Brussels Reviews - Write a Review
Bug and impressive church, but I've seen much more beautiful ones. Worth visiting though.
Another beautiful church in the central area. Do drop by for a photo shoot. There are many restaurant nearby too. Not as crowded as the royal plaza
Absolutely horrible food. Don't ever go there. It's only the location good and the staff is very friendly. But, please avoid that place.
Beautiful and great church in the centre of Brussels, a mixture of gothic and baroque.
Magnificent building! During Christmas fare there's a gorgeous licht show projected on the facade
- Nearby Attractions
- Stanhope Hotel
- Chez Moeder Lambiek
- Crystal Lounge
- Bizon Cafe
- Bier Circus
- Musees D Extreme Orient
- Belgian Comic Strip Centre
- Church Of St-nicholas
- Place Grote Markt
- Brussels Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Brussels
- What to See in 48 Hours in Brussels
- What to See in 72 Hours in Brussels
- How to Spend 5 Days in Brussels
- How to Spend 6 Days in Brussels
- How to Spend 7 Days in Brussels