Sint-katelijnekerkCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Pl. Sainte-Catherin 59, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-25133481
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Built in the 15th century as a Baroque church, the building was given a makeover in the 19th. It has a lot of different architectural influences now. The only truly Baroque element left is the somewhat ruined bell tower. The interior is in Gothic style. The highlights are:
- A spacious Baroque interior
- 14th century stone statue of the Black Madonna left of the altar.
- Two ornate tombs.
- A beautiful painting of Saint Catherine.
- The imposing looking west portal.
- The stone Black Tower east of the church, which used to be part of the 12 century city walls.
- Check the church website for service times.
How to Reach Sint-katelijnekerk
- Buses 29, 66, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13. N16 stop De Brouckere.
- Subway Line 1 and 5 stop Sainte-Catherine.
- Buses 86, 126, 127, 128, N16 stop Dansaert.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.1% of people who visit Brussels include Sint-katelijnekerk in their plan
95% of people start their Sint-katelijnekerk visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sint-katelijnekerk
95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Sint-katelijnekerk
People normally also visit Grand Place while planning their trip to Sint-katelijnekerk.
Sint-katelijnekerk Reviews & Ratings
Very nice church. Attended the new years eve mass and they had really prepared well for the celebration. Perfect stop if you are going around the city centre.
Excellent site for gothic style enthusiasts, the building is beautiful yet not very high as gothic style is used to; nevertheless it is nice beholding the flying buttresses and its beautiful rossettes; the whole church is very interesting and wonderful.
A very nice church and historic building in the heart of Brussels.
Nice place and beautiful church ! This is an place to be during your Christmas Holiday
One great monument full of history in Brussels, Belgium. Visit any time of the year and it is usually open for free to public, around you have the saint catherine place with a lot of cafes and restaurants. Beautiful in the xmas season surrounded by xmas markets.