Sint-katelijnekerkCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Pl. Sainte-Catherin 59, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-25133481
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Sint-katelijnekerk - Review
Built in the 15th century as a Baroque church, the building was given a makeover in the 19th. It has a lot of different architectural influences now. The only truly Baroque element left is the somewhat ruined bell tower. The interior is in Gothic style. The highlights are:
- A spacious Baroque interior
- 14th century stone statue of the Black Madonna left of the altar.
- Two ornate tombs.
- A beautiful painting of Saint Catherine.
- The imposing looking west portal.
- The stone Black Tower east of the church, which used to be part of the 12 century city walls.
- Check the church website for service times.
How To reach Sint-katelijnekerk by Public Transport
- Buses 29, 66, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13. N16 stop De Brouckere.
- Subway Line 1 and 5 stop Sainte-Catherine.
- Buses 86, 126, 127, 128, N16 stop Dansaert.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sint-katelijnekerk
0.1% of people who visit Brussels include Sint-katelijnekerk in their plan
95% of people start their Sint-katelijnekerk visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sint-katelijnekerk
95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Sint-katelijnekerk
People normally also visit Grand Place while planning their trip to Sint-katelijnekerk.
Sint-katelijnekerk, Brussels Reviews
A splendid church in the hearth of the city. The church is really beautiful and it's immersed in a beautiful neighborhood full of local restaurants.
Great walk around good food and fantastic ice cream. Could be a bit more entertaining
Nice place. My favourite in Belgium. The contrast from large square with bars and food places with wine drinkers and some relax vibe. You should try nice shells and other typical cousine. Also one side was nice and clean without the marks of time, while on other was with a evident marks of time burden. Once again, best place!
Beautiful setting for a church, surrounded by history. On a quieter street than some of the more famous churches.
Not well maintained, it is a pity, very sad seeing this beautiful place in such a bad condition.