St. Nicholas Church
- Address: Petite Rue au Beurre 1, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, Brussels
- Phone: +32-22675164
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Originally built in the 11th century, this utterly cute church does not have much of it’s old look left. First its facade was given a Gothic facelift in the 14th century. In 1695 the French bombarded the church, and you can still see a cannonball buried inside one of the pillars. But the reason people feel like stepping in are all the little houses cuddled up next to the church as if it was their protector. Once you step inside, there are numerous items of interest, such as:
- A Rubens painting, Virgin and Sleeping Child
- 12th century icon of St Nicholas from Constantinople.
- The 15th century marble side altar dedicated to the Virgin.
- Relics of Catholic priests executed because they refused to convert to Protenstanism.
St. Nicholas Church Hours
- Recommended time of visit: 11am-4pm
How to Reach St. Nicholas Church
- Buses 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13, N16 stop Bourse.
- Trams 3, 4, 32 stop Bourse.
- Subway 1, 5 stop De Brouckere.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.39% of people who visit Brussels include St. Nicholas Church in their plan
33.33% of people start their St. Nicholas Church visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St. Nicholas Church
50% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Nicholas Church
St. Nicholas Church Reviews & Ratings
Beautiful church near the Grand Place.
Nice church with English mass at 10am
The church of Saint Nicolas of Brussels , built around 1125 , is one of the first four churches of the city of Brussels and best preserved in its successive developments. Being close to the Palais de la Bourse , it is commonly called Saint-Nicolas de la Bourse .
Beautiful old gothic Roman Catholic church near Grand Place in Brussels, Belgium. One of the several that still celebrate Mass.
God's wonderful house.