Town Hall1733 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Grand Place, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-25480448
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Hall
Completed in 1420, this city hall is one of Brussel's most beautiful buildings. The architecture is Gothic. Pay attention to the facade and all the allegorical sculpture that adorns it. The most eye-catching element is the tower, a 96 meter high Brabantine Gothic spire that starts out square but becomes octagonal as it rises.
Back in 1695, the Duke of Villeroi heavily bombed the tower and most of its interior caught fire and was razed. The tower was built even larger than before and all the art and decorations inside were replaced. Today it has some of the city's finest fine arts and decorative arts collections, sculptures, paintings, and tapestries.
The only way to view the town hall is by guided tour, which are provided in multiple languages, including English. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Brussels itinerary 2 days.
Town Hall Travel Tips
- Reserve private tours 2 weeks in advance.
- Groups are of 10-25 people.
Entrance Ticket Details For Town Hall
- Private group guided tour: EUR 140
- Pensioners, unemployed, students, kids 6 to 12 years: EUR 3
- Children less than 6 years old: free
Town Hall Hours
- Open on all days for private group guided tours.
- Guided tour: Wednesday: 1 pm in French, 2 pm in English, 3 pm in Dutch, Sunday: 10 am in Dutch, noon and 2 pm in French, 11 am, 3 pm and 4 pm in English.
- Private group guided tour: No visits before 3pm on Friday and Saturday
- Closed on public holidays.
How to Reach Town Hall
- Subway 1, 5; Buses 29, 63, 65, 66 stop Gare Centrale
- Trams 3, 4, 32 stop Beurs Bourse
- Buses 48, 95 stop Parlement Bruxellois
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
17.54% of people who visit Brussels include Town Hall in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
64.26% of people start their Town Hall visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Town Hall
72.8% of people prefer walking in order to reach Town Hall