Town Hall, Brussels
About Town Hall, Brussels
Town Hall, Brussels - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Grand Place, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 18K times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Architecture , Hall
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Completed in 1420, this city hall is one of Brussel's most beautiful buildings. The architecture is Gothic. Pay attention to the facade and all the allegorical sculpture that adorns it. The most eye-catching element is the tower, a 96 meter high Brabantine Gothic spire that starts out square but becomes octagonal as it rises.
Back in 1695, the Duke of Villeroi heavily bombed the tower and most of its interior caught fire and was razed. The tower was built even larger than before and all the art and decorations inside were replaced. Today it has some of the city's finest fine arts and decorative arts collections, sculptures, paintings, and tapestries.
The only way to view the town hall is by guided tour, which are provided in multiple languages, including English.
Town Hall Information
- Reserve private tours 2 weeks in advance.
- Groups are of 10-25 people.
Town Hall Ticket Prices
- Private group guided tour: EUR 140
- Pensioners, unemployed, students, kids 6 to 12 years: EUR 3
- Children less than 6 years old: free
Town Hall Opening and Closing Hours
- Open on all days for private group guided tours.
- Guided tour: Wednesday: 1 pm in French, 2 pm in English, 3 pm in Dutch, Sunday: 10 am in Dutch, noon and 2 pm in French, 11 am, 3 pm and 4 pm in English.
- Private group guided tour: No visits before 3pm on Friday and Saturday
- Closed on public holidays.
How To reach Town Hall by Public Transport
- Subway 1, 5; Buses 29, 63, 65, 66 stop Gare Centrale
- Trams 3, 4, 32 stop Beurs Bourse
- Buses 48, 95 stop Parlement Bruxellois
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
Town Hall, Brussels Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful! Especially during Christmas and nights!
Such a beautiful square a must see
Amazing & Picturesque Town Hall.
Joli exemple de gothique flamboyant flamand au centre d'une place extraordinairement belle.
Quelques super magnifique photos de L'hôtel de Ville et de L'exposition Floral Flowertime
- Nearby Attractions
- Square Marie-louise
- La Fonderie, Brussels Museum Of Industry And Labour
- Great Mosque Of Brussels
- Hotel Ciamberlani Asbl
- Westland Shopping
- Rue Des Bouchers
- 2GO4 Hostel
- Youth Hostel Van Gogh
- Delirium Cafe
- Le Coq Do'r
- Brussels Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Brussels
- What to See in 48 Hours in Brussels
- What to See in 72 Hours in Brussels
- How to Spend 5 Days in Brussels
- How to Spend 6 Days in Brussels
- How to Spend 7 Days in Brussels