Train World, Brussels
About Train World, Brussels
Train World, Brussels - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Place Princesse Elisabeth 5, 1030 Bruxelles, Belgium
Ticket Price: 10 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 9.7K times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The official museum of the National Railway Company of Belgium opened only in 2015. In that short time tourists have warmed up to it a lot. The museum tells the story of trains in Europe, particularly Brussels. To do that it uses a collection of 22 sparkling locomotives from all across train history. The stars of their exhibit are the Pays de Waes, oldest preserved locomotive in Continental Europe (from 1842), a 19th century railway bridge, and the sceneries of Belgium and Europe recreated here by cartoonists. There are over 1200 items to be browsed and interacted with documents, films, historical artefacts. Check out the train driving simulator.
Train World Information
- Disabled accessible.
- You can download the Train World audio guide app.
- Check out the restaurant and brewery.
- There are multiple group guided tours (Dutch, French, German and English ), combined with other attractions.
- Reserve guide tour 3 weeks in advance.
Train World Ticket Prices
- Groups of 15+ Euro 8.5
- Less than 25, over 65,: EURO 7.50 (Groups 5)
- Family (2 adults, 4 kids under 18): EURO 30
- Disabled: EURO 7,50 (EUR 6.50 groups) Companions free
- Audio guide: EURO 2
- Group guided tour: EURO 110
Train World Opening and Closing Hours
- Last entry at 3:30pm
- Guided tours last 2 hours; max 20 people
How To reach Train World by Public Transport
- Trains IC, P, S1, S2, S3, S6, S81; Buses 59, 69; Tram 92 stop Schaarbeek / Schaerbeek Gare de Schaerbeek
- Bus 58 stop Docks Bruxse
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
Train World, Brussels Reviews - Write a Review
One of the best museums within Brussels, really well thought through, safe, entertaining for all ages. It was magical to be able to step into some of the original trains which have been very well preserved and restored. A really great find! Parking next door was just €2 (for up to 4 hours) - allow for about 1h30 to 2h00 to go around the whole thing.
Love the way it is presented. If you'll like history you would live this place. 10€ entrance is great value for money.
Easy to access at the Shaerbeek railway station. The museum recommends that 90 minuts are devoted to the visit. I recommend between 120 and 180 minutes, because there is really much to experience if you are interested in the railway history and old machines.
Fascinating place to explore historical trains. Great to visit with young kids. Really easy to get there ... with the train.
Just fantastic. Never expected such a great museum here in Brussel. Very good display and a lot to see and learn.
- Nearby Attractions
- Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman
- European Parliament - Information Office In Belgium
- Le Plaza Hotel Brussels
- Northern Quarter
- Made In Louise
- Schaarbeek / Schaerbeek
- Brussels Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Brussels
- What to See in 48 Hours in Brussels
- What to See in 72 Hours in Brussels
- How to Spend 5 Days in Brussels
- How to Spend 6 Days in Brussels
- How to Spend 7 Days in Brussels