Bristlecone LoopCurrently Open
- Address: Rainbow Point, Bryce Canyon National Park, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-8004446689
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Forest, View Point, Hiking Trail, Nature
The Bristlecone Loop is accessible from Rainbow Point at the southern end of the park. The meanders through the forest atop this highest portion of the park reach elevations of over 9,100 feet (2778 m). From here, you will pass by Bristlecone Pines which are up to 1,800-years-old and experience views that reach into the Four Corners area.
The forest here is basically dominated by Blue Spruce, Douglas-fir and White Fir, which makes this a good habitat for grouse, woodpeckers, owls, and a wide variety of squirrels and chipmunks. You are also sure to spot Ravens and Steller's Jays here. These bird species prove the fact that although many plants and animals are limited to certain types of habitat, other kinds can range through various different habitats.
This trail is generally inaccessible during mid-winter due to snow depths ranging from 2 to 15 feet.
Bristlecone Loop Travel Tips
- Do not take the hike if you are physically unfit.
- Carry water with you.
- Carry wind-cheaters just in case it starts to rain.
- Keep your cameras handy.
- Remember, please don't feed the wildlife.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bristlecone Loop
- Only prices to the Bryce Canyon National Park apply.
Bristlecone Loop Hours
- Only hours to the Bryce Canyon National Park apply. For additional hours like for the trail and overnight visit, please contact the visitor centre.
How to Reach Bristlecone Loop
- Take the shuttle service to Bryce Canyon National Park.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bryce Canyon National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bryce Canyon National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
37.54% of people who visit Bryce Canyon National Park include Bristlecone Loop in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
56.52% of people start their Bristlecone Loop visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Bristlecone Loop
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bristlecone Loop