Fairyland Canyon593 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4358345322
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Hiking Trail, Canyon, Nature
Fairyland Canyon is located one mile north of the National Park entrance station. It offers an opportunity to see the hoodoos at an "eye-to-eye" level. These hoodoos have inspired imaginations for years and visitors today are bound to be as enchanted as were the people who saw the hoodoos ages ago.
Located at the north end of the park, the structures that fill Fairyland Canyon are younger than those located to the south in the main amphitheater. They will be developed more fully as the erosional processes continue to wear away the land in a northern and westward direction. By contrast, to the south you will find the Campbell Canyon, where you can hike through something known as "hoodoo graveyard." In this region, all the hoodoos have eroded away. But they have left behind multicolored clay mounds, which like tombstones, mark their passing. Campbell Canyon can only be accessed by hiking the Fairyland Loop Trail here.
Fairyland Canyon Travel Tips
- Do not take the hike if you are physically unfit.
- Carry water with you.
- Carry wind-cheaters just in case it starts to rain.
- Keep your cameras handy.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fairyland Canyon
- Only prices to the Bryce Canyon National Park apply.
Fairyland Canyon Hours
- Only hours to the Bryce Canyon National Park apply. For additional hours like for the trail and overnight visit, please contact the visitor centre.
How to Reach Fairyland Canyon
- Take the shuttle service to Bryce Canyon National Park.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bryce Canyon National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bryce Canyon National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
51.66% of people who visit Bryce Canyon National Park include Fairyland Canyon in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
42% of people start their Fairyland Canyon visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Fairyland Canyon
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fairyland Canyon
Fairyland Canyon Reviews & Ratings