Ponderosa CanyonCurrently Open
- Address: Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4358345322
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Geological Formation, Park, Canyon, Nature
This Canyon shows us that just the way geology determines biology, biology also influences the geology. From this vantage point you can see how the type of rocks that compose the different steps of the Grand Staircase determine the kind of plants can grow on it. The varying densities of vegetation here decide how erosion shapes the land. Ponderosa Canyon named after the Ponderosa Pines on the canyon floor. Some of these trees measure more than 5 feet in diameter and exceed heights of 150 feet. However from high above, the viewpoint you would never figure this out. But now that you know, you can enlighten your fellow tourists with you about this fun fact.
Ponderosa Canyon Travel Tips
- Do not take the hike if you are physically unfit.
- Carry water with you.
- Carry wind-cheaters just in case it starts to rain.
- Keep your cameras handy.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ponderosa Canyon
- Only prices to the Bryce Canyon National Park apply.
Ponderosa Canyon Hours
- Only hours to the Bryce Canyon National Park apply. For additional hours like for the trail and overnight visit, please contact the visitor centre.
How to Reach Ponderosa Canyon
- Take the shuttle service to Bryce Canyon National Park.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bryce Canyon National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bryce Canyon National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
27.18% of people who visit Bryce Canyon National Park include Ponderosa Canyon in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
58.14% of people start their Ponderosa Canyon visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ponderosa Canyon
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ponderosa Canyon