Sunrise PointCurrently Open
- Address: Rim Trail, Bryce, UT 84764, United States, Bryce Canyon National Park
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4358345322
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, View Point, Nature
About Sunrise Point, Bryce Canyon National Park
The view to the northeast from Sunrise Point captures the Sinking Ship and Boat Mesa. It is set against the stark Pink Cliffs of the Aquarius Plateau. Boat Mesa is capped by the resistant rock called "The Conglomerate at Boat Mesa”. It rises above the hoodoos of Fairyland Canyon to an elevation of more than 8000 feet. To the north east side of the mesa, the tilting rocks of the Sinking Ship give an impression of geologic unrest to viewers. These rocks are basically a reminder of the tectonic activity that began about a million years ago and resulted in the rise of the Paunsaugunt Plateau to its present elevation. Sunrise Point also serves as a trailhead for Queen's Garden Trail that descends into a section of hoodoos which are ruled by the Queen Victoria hoodoo. This viewpoint also represents the end point for the Navajo Loop/Queen Victoria combination and is one of the most popular hikes in the Park.
Sunrise Point Information
- Do not take the hike if you are physically unfit.
- Carry water with you.
- Carry wind-cheaters just in case it starts to rain.
- Keep your cameras handy.
Sunrise Point Ticket Prices
- Only prices to the Bryce Canyon National Park apply.
How To reach Sunrise Point by Public Transport
- It is a hike to the point from the entrance of Bryce Canyon National Park.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bryce Canyon National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bryce Canyon National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sunrise Point
95% of people who visit Bryce Canyon National Park include Sunrise Point in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
34.15% of people start their Sunrise Point visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Sunrise Point
63.23% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sunrise Point
Sunrise Point Map
Sunrise Point Trips
1 View4 Days 3 Nights4 Day Trip to Bryce Canyon National Park from GrosBy: Guest User
Sunrise Point, Bryce Canyon National Park Reviews
Incredible views. Can be very crowded at times. Note - the upper areas of the part are between 8,000 - 9,000 ft in elevation. Some people, no matter what condition you are in, can be bothered by the altitude. Even though most trails are fairly easy for me with the elevation I found it challenging at times. Plenty of clean bathrooms and places to get water.
Crazy amazingly beautiful astonishingly jaw-dropping mind-bending once-in-a-lifetime experience the trails were clean and well-maintained - the facilities seemed Immaculate -- although the trail can be a little bit rigorous it is one that should be achieved if possible - recommended
What else can you say besides WOW!! what an absolutely beautiful place, the views are spectacular, the hiking is amazing, the grounds are beautiful and very clean, even if you don't hike what a great place to just take in the amazing views, highly recommended place to visit.
Wonderful place where you can see different shape kinds of mountains. Best place for hiking camping. You should go and see the place.👫💃😀😃🖒👍👍
Wow! This place doesn’t get enough global attention. A really cool and beautiful place in the world with easily a full day of exploring. Drive up access. Relatively empty compared to more mobbed tourist attractions like, say, Horsehoe Bend. Went in December and the snow gave it added dimension that just enhanced the beauty. Although the snowy paths were pretty slippery if your shoes don’t have great grip so be careful! Be there at sunrise to see the maximum beauty of the location. And the Red Canyon leading into Bryce Canyon is almost just as scenic and totally unique.
All QuestionsSunrise point
Find places near Sunrise Point, Bryce Canyon National Park
Hogi Yogi 139 West State Highway0.966 km away
Inspiration Point -1.553 km away
- Bryce Canyon National Park Itinerary 1 Day
- Bryce Canyon National Park Itinerary 2 Days
- Bryce Canyon National Park Itinerary 3 Days
- Bryce Canyon National Park Itinerary 4 Days
- Bryce Canyon National Park Itinerary 5 Days
- Bryce Canyon National Park Itinerary 6 Days
- Bryce Canyon National Park Itinerary 7 Days
- Sąd Rejonowy
- Starostwo Powiatowe W Płońsku
- Usługi Filmowe Krzysztof Puchała
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Michała
- Kalejdoskop. Kino
- Dbm Studio Bartłomiej Pomianowski
- Nutka. Szkoła Muzyki I Tańca
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Maksymiliana Kolbe
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Niepokalanego Poczęcia NMP
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Wawrzyńca
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Matki Bożej Częstochowskiej
- Parafia Rzymsko-katolicka P.w. Św. Marcina
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Stygmatów św. Franciszka Z Asyżu
- Parafia Rzymsko-katolicka P.w. Ducha Świętego
- Samorządowy Ośrodek Kultury