Swamp Canyon394 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4358345322
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Canyon, Nature
Swamp Canyon appears small and sheltered from the overlook, mainly because it is bounded on both sides by fins and hoodoos. This closed site allows the viewer to develop a more intimate connection with the landscape as compared to some of the grander viewpoints may provide. When you look at the south from here, you will be able to spot Mud and Noon Canyon Buttes. Buttes are halfway along the erosional continuum between pinnacle and plateau. Plateaus on the other hand, are large regions of uplifted land. Mesas are isolated portions of plateaus. Although much smaller than plateaus, they are still wider than they are tall. As mesas start eroding, they give birth to buttes. These are square shaped, and approximately of the same width as the height. As buttes erode further, they spawn spires of rocks! To witness this, definitely take the hike to this Canyon.
Swamp Canyon Travel Tips
- Do not take the hike if you are physically unfit.
- Carry water with you.
- Carry wind-cheaters just in case it starts to rain.
- Keep your cameras handy.
Entrance Ticket Details For Swamp Canyon
- Only prices to the Bryce Canyon National Park apply.
Swamp Canyon Hours
- Only hours to the Bryce Canyon National Park apply. For additional hours like for the trail and overnight visit, please contact the visitor centre.
How to Reach Swamp Canyon
- Take the shuttle service to Bryce Canyon National Park.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bryce Canyon National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bryce Canyon National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
30.31% of people who visit Bryce Canyon National Park include Swamp Canyon in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
43.18% of people start their Swamp Canyon visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Swamp Canyon
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Swamp Canyon