Antim MonasteryCurrently Closed
- Address: Strada Mitropolit Antim Ivireanul 29, Bucuresti, Romania, Bucharest
- Timings: 07:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +40-314178078
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Monastery
Antim Ivireanu was an 18th century polymath and bishop of the Orthodox Church of Romania. He founded the monastery as a centre of reform for 'fallen women' and as a place of learning. It's remarkable among religious institutions for actually bearing its patriarch's work - Ivireanu himself designed and sculpted the massive oak door of the church, painted some of the beautiful icons inside, and designed other sculptural decorations. Check out the scenes from the Nativity and from Revelations. There is a small museum here dedicated to Archbishop Antim Ivireanul. The bell tower you see was added in 1857.
- The hours of the church given here are approximated based on general church timings in the city. Actually timing may be different. Call the attraction to confirm before your visit.
- By Bus: 7, 27, 32, 47 stop 11 Iunie
- By Bus: 136, N121 stop Calea 13 Septembrie
- By Metro: M1, M2, M3 line stop Piata Unirii
- By Bus: 104, 116, 117, 123, 124, 312, 313, 783, N102, N104, N105, N106, N107, N108, N109, N110, N111, N112, N114, N115, N116, N117, N119, N121, stop Piaa Unirii
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bucharest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bucharest and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.07% of people who visit Bucharest include Antim Monastery in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
39.02% of people start their Antim Monastery visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Antim Monastery
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Antim Monastery
The most decorated church in bucharest. Priest were really friendly and we had a present conversation together. It has also a free museum next to it. The garden and the church interior is on of the kind.
Beautiful cultural place for those interested in culture.
A nice and quiet place for prayer.
Very nice and quiet place near the immense palatul !!
Cool if you want to take pics and stay for 5min, just a quicky sightseeing.