Biserica BucurCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Strada Radu Voda 33, Bucuresti, Romania, Bucharest
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +40-724506843
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Legend has it that this Eastern Orthodox chapel was built by the very man from whom the city of Bucharest gets its name. There is no strong consensus on when it was built, though to church first shows up on maps in the mid 19th century. Other records suggest that the first church on this spot was wooden, replaced by a larger structure in 1416. The church is small and white but kind of pretty and elegant. It has a cupola with a mushroom-shaped roof. You have to climb 33 steps from the street to reach up to the church and these symbolize the age of Christ when he was crucified.
Biserica Bucur Hours
- The hours of the church given here are approximated based on general church timings in the city. Actually timing may be different. Call the attraction to confirm before your visit.
How to Reach Biserica Bucur
- By Trams: 23 and 27 stop Pasaj Marasesti.
- By Metro: M1, M2, M3 line stop Piata Unirii.
- By Bus: 104, 116, 117, 123, 124, 312, 313, 783, N102, N104, N105, N106, N107, N108, N109, N110, N111, N112, N114, N115, N116, N117, N119, N121 stop Piata Unirii.
- By Trams: 7, 27, 32, 47 stop Piata Unirii.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bucharest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bucharest and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.72% of people who visit Bucharest include Biserica Bucur in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
62.5% of people start their Biserica Bucur visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Biserica Bucur
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Biserica Bucur
Biserica Bucur Reviews & Ratings
The oldest church in Bucharest, might be the smallest too for all I know, a peaceful jewelry in the middle of the city. And since you're there, you can also visit the monastery just across the street, also beatiful.
The most underrated and hidden gem of Bucharest. This is the oldest church/building in the city, centuries old. It is small, full of legends and should be more famous
Very cool to see the oldest building in Bucharest.
An awesome place, you have to visit!