Biserica ColteaCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Biserica Colței, Bulevardul Ion C. Brătianu 1, București, Romania, Bucharest
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
After the hospital, this is the main attraction of the Coltea architectural complex. Once, only a wooden church stood here, in service to the people of the slum, dedicated to Saint Martyr Paraskeva. The church you see today was built in 1698, and though damaged multiple times in earthquakes and the WWII bombings, slow restoration is ongoing. Which is great, because the Baroque architecture and the Romanian wall is precious. There also a number of wooden and stone sculptures, a fine wooden iconostasis, a number of exquisite icons, and a beautifully symmetrical exterior.
Biserica Coltea Hours
- Hours given based on general church timings in the city. Actual opening hours may vary.
How to Reach Biserica Coltea
- By Bus: 61, 66, 69, 70, 85, 90, 91, 336, 610, N102, N108 stop Teatul National
- By Metro: M2 line stop Universitate
- By Bus: 6, 16, 21 stop Piata Sf. Gheorghe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bucharest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bucharest and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.55% of people who visit Bucharest include Biserica Coltea in their plan
95% of people start their Biserica Coltea visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Biserica Coltea
95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Biserica Coltea
People normally also visit Gradina Icoanei while planning their trip to Biserica Coltea.