Biserica Domnita Balasa
- Address: Strada Sfinții Apostoli 60, București 040091, Romania, Bucharest
- Phone: +40-213354789
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Something or the other keeps knocking this church down but they insist on rebuilding it with the same name at the same place. The first church was built in the mid-18th century (demolished), a second church was built nearby (destroyed by earthquake), and the building you see here is the third. The architecture is neo-Romanian, and the church is quite elegant to look at. The interior wall paintings are done in neo-Renaissance style. The stained glass windows are quite pretty. There are number of terrific paintings of notable figures. The altar is imposing and magnificent. And in the park outside is the sculpture of Lady Balasa.
But the fact the church is most famous for is that there has never been a funeral held in here.
Biserica Domnita Balasa Hours
- Recommended time to visit this place: 9am-3pm
- Recommended times have been given based on general church timings for Bucharest. Please confirm times with the attraction before your visit.
How to Reach Biserica Domnita Balasa
- By Metro M1, M2, M3 line stop Piata Unirii.
- By Buses 104, 116, 117, 123, 124, 312, 313, 783, N102, N104, N105, N106, N107, N108, N109, N110, N111, N112, N114, N115, N116, N117, N119, N121, stop Piata Unirii.
- By Trams 7. 27. 32, 47 stop Piata Unirii.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bucharest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bucharest and book an accommodation of your choice.
Biserica Domnita Balasa Reviews & Ratings
It looks great but not right now, closed for construction as of April 2019 😞
It’s nice, but closed for construction! Don’t expect to get in for a view
Beautiful. Outstanding sculptures
It’s beautiful but blocked off and you can’t get closed to it at this time.
A lovely, peaceful and historical place to pray for your country & folks