Izvor Park1 Vote Currently Open
- Address: Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids
This park has a somewhat ghostly intrigue. When reviled Communist dictator Ceausescu wanted to build his palace, he had most of the of the surrounding historic area razed. Remnants of those beautiful neighborhoods can be seen in this park - building foundations and street boundaries. Today, it's a nice and green open space where locals walk dogs and cyclists and runners tread the tracks. There are ping-pong tables, fitness areas, and basketball and football courts. There's a huge 'Kid's Parliament' play area.
How to Reach Izvor Park
- By Buses 61, 66, 69, 70, 85, 90, 91, 336, 610 stop Universitate.
- By Metro M2 line stop Universitate.
- By Buses 122, 126, 137, 138, 168, 178, 226, 268, 368 - Cismigiu station
- By Buses 163, 336, 601 - Gradina Cismigiu station
- By Trams: 61, 66, 69, 70, 85, 90, 91, 92 - Gradina Cismigiu station.
- By Bus 178: Sala Palatului station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bucharest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bucharest and book an accommodation of your choice.