Jewish MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Intrarea Mămulari 3, București, Romania, Bucharest
- Timings: 09:00 am - 02:00 pm Details
- Phone: +40-0213110870
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Jewish Museum - Review
This museum serves up a startling slice of history that even contemporary Romanians don't know about - the Jewish impact on the city. Early in the 20th century, over 10% of the city's population was Jewish, with over 800,000 Jews in the country in 1941. This number has reduced to 10,000 jews in total in the country. The museum explores Jewish cultural, economic and political impact on Romania via exhibits of religious objects, prints and publications, a documentary and valuable paintings. There's also a small exhibit on the Holocaust and also one of anti-semitic posters. The building itself used to be a synagogue (it was constructed in 1836), but has functioned as a museum alone since 1978. The interior is richly decorated.
Jewish Museum Information
- You will need a passport or some ID to enter.
How To reach Jewish Museum by Public Transport
- By Bus:116, 117, 313 stop Piata Sfanta Vineri
- By Metro: M1, M2, M3 line stop Piata Unirii
- By Bus: 104, 116, 117, 123, 124, 312, 313, 783, N102, N104, N105, N106, N107, N108, N109, N110, N111, N112, N114, N115, N116, N117, N119, N121, stop Piata Unirii
- By Bus: 14, 40, 56 stop Piata Sf. Vineri
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bucharest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bucharest and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Jewish Museum
3.13% of people who visit Bucharest include Jewish Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
62.96% of people start their Jewish Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Jewish Museum
93.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jewish Museum
Jewish Museum Trips
1 View4 Days 3 Nights4 Day Trip to Cape Town from Cheseaux-sur-lausanne