Kretzulescu Church85 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Calea Victoriei 45, București, Romania, Bucharest
- Phone: +40-214107116
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
This eastern orthodox church was built in central Bucharest in the Brancovenesc style. Completed in September 1722, the church has needed repairing multiple times. The 1838 earthquake destroyed the church tower, which was rebuilt in the 1850s in neo-classical style. The interior frescoes date from 1860, while the exterior ones are from the original construction of the church. In 1935, the church was given a brick facade. Check out the bust of Corneliu Coposu next to the church. Architecturally, the cross-shaped church is irreplaceable as one of the few surviving buildings in the city that are authentically Romanian.
Kretzulescu Church Hours
- Recommended time to visit this place: 9am-3pm
- Recommended times have been given based on general church timings for Bucharest. Please confirm times with the attraction before your visit.
How to Reach Kretzulescu Church
- Sala Palatului, stirbei Voda - 178;
- Luterana - 126, 368; Bd. N. Balcescu - 122, 268, 300, 368
- Gradina Cismigiu, Universitate - 122, 137, 336, 601
- By Tram/trolleybus: Gradina Cismigiu, Universitate - 61, 66, 69, 70, 85, 90, 91, 92
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bucharest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bucharest and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.07% of people who visit Bucharest include Kretzulescu Church in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
35.14% of people start their Kretzulescu Church visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Kretzulescu Church
91.97% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kretzulescu Church