Museum Of Art CollectionsCurrently Closed
- Address: Calea Victoriei 111, București, Romania, Bucharest
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +40-212111749
- Ticket Price: 7 RON
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museum, Museum, Family And Kids, Sculpture
Museum Of Art Collections - Review
The building in which the collection is housed has had a curious history. It was built as a private home in 1822, and later in the century became the seat of the Supreme Court, and in the 20th century became the storage room for cultural and artistic artifacts confiscated by the communists from wealthy Romanians.
As a result, this collection is almost as important as the collection in the National Museum of Art. There are over 12,000 items here. Most of the works are Romanian in origin and represent some of the country's best artists. There are also collections of foreign fine art such as Asian sculptures, Oriental textiles, ceramics, and French furniture. The collections are occasionally organized according to their previous owners, and in that way they tell the story of those people's lives. The exhibits are utterly fascinating.
Museum Of Art Collections Ticket Prices
- Students/children 3.50 lei
Museum Of Art Collections Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed on the first and second day of Easter, the first and second day of Pentecost.
How To reach Museum Of Art Collections by Public Transport
- Buses 133, 168, 226, N117 stop Calea Victoriei
- Metro line M2 stop Piata Romana
- Buses 126, 168, 226, 368, 381, 783, N117, N119 stop Pieta Romana
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bucharest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bucharest and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Museum Of Art Collections
21.39% of people who visit Bucharest include Museum Of Art Collections in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
52.03% of people start their Museum Of Art Collections visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Museum Of Art Collections
91.53% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Of Art Collections
Museum Of Art Collections Map
Museum Of Art Collections Trips
Museum Of Art Collections, Bucharest Reviews
A lot of collections to explore. My fav: Garabet Avachian's collection
I had great time. This is a good museums to visit if you enjoy art, pictures.. it's very cheap, especially for students)
Very beautiful collections; good admission price; not very friendly to people with mobility problems. Still worth visiting!
Worth visiting! Be careful if with kids! :)
All QuestionsMuseum of art collections
- Centro Socio Pastorale
- A.Re.Fa. SRL
- Baie Del Salento
- Diocesi Di Ugento - S.M. Di Leuca
- Santuario Santa Marina Vergine
- Mare Vostrum, Isola Di Albarella
- Campeggio Vittoria
- La Margherita
- Gest.Vill.Turistici Rosapineta SAS Di P. Brazzalotto & C
- Malibù Di Porzionato Giuseppe & C. SNC
- Parrocchia S. Antonio
- Gest.Vill.Turistici Rosapineta SAS Cartolibreria
- Villaggio Turistico Rosapineta