National Military Museum Bucharest127 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Strada Mircea Vulcanescu 125-127, București 010819, Romania, Bucharest Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +40-213195904
- Ticket Price: 5 RON
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Military Museums, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museums
Even though the museum currently boasts a collection of over a million military items and artifacts, much of the initial connection was lost to various tragedies in the Museum's past. Still, the museum does an excellent job of chronologically depicting Romania's military history, right from the pre-Roman era days to its current involvement in the United Nations.
The periods covered include:
- Dacian kingdom
- Roman era
- Bulgarian Empire
- Ottoman empire
- Romanian rule 1877 onwards
- Allied operations during World War I
- Axis operations during World War II (with emphasis on Anti-semitic operations)
- Soviet command during World War II
- The Communist State
It's incredible how the museum manages to condense the relevance of so many artifacts and so much information in a way that is still engaging to the visitor. Exhibits include military uniforms, weapons, firearms, flags, medals, rail guns, missile launchers, cannons, airplanes, ancient battering rams and dioramas out of history.
Entrance Ticket Details For National Military Museum Bucharest
- Students 2.5 lei
How to Reach National Military Museum Bucharest
- Buses 133, 178 stop Autogara Baldovin Parcalabul
- Tram 24, 44 stop Radio Romania
- Bus 126, 168, 226, 368 stop Mircea Vulcanescu
- Metro M1, M4 stop Gara de Nord
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bucharest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bucharest and book an accommodation of your choice.
- National Military Museum Bucharest Address: Strada Mircea Vulcanescu 125-127, București 010819, Romania, Bucharest
- National Military Museum Bucharest Contact Number: +40-213195904
- National Military Museum Bucharest Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- National Military Museum Bucharest Price: 5 RON
- Best time to visit National Military Museum Bucharest(preferred time): 09:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit National Military Museum Bucharest: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
6.08% of people who visit Bucharest include National Military Museum Bucharest in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
50% of people start their National Military Museum Bucharest visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see National Military Museum Bucharest
91.38% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Military Museum Bucharest
People normally club together St Elefterie Church and AFI Palace Cotroceni while planning their visit to National Military Museum Bucharest.