National Museum Of Romanian HistoryCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Calea Victoriei 12, București 030026, Romania, Bucharest
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +40-213158207
- Ticket Price: 7 RON
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, History Museum, Family And Kids, Architecture
National Museum Of Romanian History - Review
The museum 60 exhibition rooms cover Romanian history from prehistoric to Modern Times. There is special emphasis on the Dacian period, The transformation of culture under Roman rule, the revolution of 1848, and Romania under Russian rule.
The three artifacts that people mostly come here to see are:
- A plaster cast of Trajan's column (Commemorating the Roman emperor's victory over the Dacian kingdom).
- Pietroasele Treasure- 22 golden objects from the 4th century, Of which only 12 survive.
- The Romanian crown jewels
The architecture is pretty eclectic - Doric columns on the facade and plentiful allegorical sculptures.
National Museum Of Romanian History Ticket Prices
- Students and retired - 2 lei
- Free for veterans, under 18s during school holidays, preschoolers.
- Guided tours in English/French 20 lei.
National Museum Of Romanian History Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission 45 minutes before closing time.
How To reach National Museum Of Romanian History by Public Transport
- Buses 61, 66, 69, 70, 85, 90, 91, 336, 610 stop Universitate
- Metro M2 line stop Universitate or Piata Unirii 2
- Buses 104, 123, 124, 385, N110, N115 stop Autogara Double T
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bucharest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bucharest and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting National Museum Of Romanian History
50.85% of people who visit Bucharest include National Museum Of Romanian History in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
38.36% of people start their National Museum Of Romanian History visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see National Museum Of Romanian History
91.01% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Museum Of Romanian History
National Museum Of Romanian History Map
National Museum Of Romanian History Trips
National Museum Of Romanian History, Bucharest Reviews
What an amazing place. All sections of the museums are well placed and very nicely explained in a detailed manner. I spent a long time and enjoyed every single second. I highly recommend to visit the lower part of the building where you can see a copy of the column of Trajan and historical treasure. Employees were nice and I love that you can take pictures for free as long you don't use the flash.
Quite a decent museum, not so much packed. You can easily finish it in 2h even if you are going through all the sections like I did. It gets noisy time to time, as even the security talks loud but in my opinion it's one of the few museums worth visiting if you get spare time. Not much information in English, no brochure which hopefully is not a big down side for you!
Big, cool place in the very center of Bucuresti. Make sure you see the lower level, containing the ancient history collection and the copy of Trajan's Column! The gift shop has a great selection of maps and history books in both Romanian and English.
The museum it's really nice, the staff are super friendly. The facility offers guided tours in English, French and Romanian. There are some really interesting permanent galleries such as a preplica of The column of Traian or even a part of Romanian thesaurus.
It was surprisingly small. There were a lot of artefacts from Roman epouch and a lot of beautiful jewlery ( also things that belonged to bulgarian king Ferdinand' s wife). But I feel like there were more things that could be exposed and that the Romanian history is richer than what is shown in the museum. The price is 20 RON and there are a student discount.
All QuestionsNational museum of romanian history
- South Regional Library
- The Woodlands United Methodist Church
- Hope Faith & Prayer
- Grace Family Church
- The Woodlands Childrens Museum
- International Family Pool Hall
- Spring Oaks Mini Storage
- Lifeworx Christian Center
- Kingdom Living International Church
- Tamina Church Of Christ
- The Crossing Church
- Frame Craft Lampros Gallery
- Christ Church United Methodist
- Lexington Woods Church Of Christ
- Spring 10-Sony Theatre