Stavropoleos Monastery, Bucharest
About Stavropoleos Monastery, Bucharest
Stavropoleos Monastery, Bucharest - Address, Phone Number
Address: Strada Stavropoleos 4, București, Romania
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 7.2K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Family And Kids, Monastery
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This Eastern Orthodox monastery for nuns, built in Brancovenesc style, was constructed in 1724 by archimandrite Ioanichie Stratonikeas. The monastery was built around the simple inn, which eventually gained great prestige as a place of prayer. Unfortunately much of the monastery was demolished first in the 19th century earthquake, and then from sheer disrepair. All that remains of it now are the church and the library, but these are treasures enough. During your visit make sure to check out:
- The restored painted dome
- Religious artefacts and icons preserved from communist demolition of other churches, including the famous Tree of Life icon
- The beautiful frescoes
- The irreplaceable library collection of theology, byzantine music, arts and history.
Try and visit the church during times of musical service, which is conducted in neo-Byzantine tradition.
Stavropoleos Monastery Opening and Closing Hours
- Opening hours given are based on times of prayer. Actual visiting hours may be different. Contact the attraction before your visit.
How To reach Stavropoleos Monastery by Public Transport
- 61, 66, 69, 70, 85, 90, 91, 336, 610 stop Universitate
- 104, 123, 124, 385, N110, N115 stop Autogara Double T
By Metro: M2 line stop Universitate or PiaÃÃˆ›a Unirii 2
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bucharest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bucharest and book an accommodation of your choice.
Stavropoleos Monastery, Bucharest Reviews - Write a Review
Good hotel, but the lights don't work sometimes and the orange juice at breakfast could be better.
Restaurant staff was INCREDIBLY rude, without any reason or provocation. Ive never been treated so terribly in a restaurant.
Nice hotel near to center (10 minutes by walk).
Quiet and staff were very polite and helpful
Very uncomfortable beds, taking a shower is really hard in the tiny bathtub, the breakfast starts very late (07:30) and the food is not really good. One night there has been an event in the hotel, so we couldn't sleep. After complaining at the Hotel we did NOT get a compensation. After all, I really can't recommend staying at this hotel.
- Nearby Attractions
- Mânăstirea Antim
- Foișorul De Foc
- Statuia Ecvestra A Lui Carol I
- Mystery Rooms Escape
- Palatul Voievodal Curtea Veche
- Avis Hotel
- Agentie Portvoyage
- Mormantul Lui Iulia Hasdeu
- Bucharest Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Bucharest
- What to See in 48 Hours in Bucharest
- What to See in 72 Hours in Bucharest
- How to Spend 5 Days in Bucharest
- How to Spend 6 Days in Bucharest
- How to Spend 7 Days in Bucharest