Stavropoleos MonasteryCurrently Closed
- Address: Strada Stavropoleos 4, București, Romania, Bucharest
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +40-213134747
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Monastery
Stavropoleos Monastery - Review
This Eastern Orthodox monastery for nuns, built in Brancovenesc style, was constructed in 1724 by archimandrite Ioanichie Stratonikeas. The monastery was built around the simple inn, which eventually gained great prestige as a place of prayer. Unfortunately much of the monastery was demolished first in the 19th century earthquake, and then from sheer disrepair. All that remains of it now are the church and the library, but these are treasures enough. During your visit make sure to check out:
- The restored painted dome
- Religious artefacts and icons preserved from communist demolition of other churches, including the famous Tree of Life icon
- The beautiful frescoes
- The irreplaceable library collection of theology, byzantine music, arts and history.
Try and visit the church during times of musical service, which is conducted in neo-Byzantine tradition. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Bucharest itinerary 1 day.
Stavropoleos Monastery Opening and Closing Hours
- Opening hours given are based on times of prayer. Actual visiting hours may be different. Contact the attraction before your visit.
How To reach Stavropoleos Monastery by Public Transport
- 61, 66, 69, 70, 85, 90, 91, 336, 610 stop Universitate
- 104, 123, 124, 385, N110, N115 stop Autogara Double T
By Metro: M2 line stop Universitate or PiaÃÃÃ‚ˆ›a Unirii 2
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bucharest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bucharest and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Stavropoleos Monastery
95% of people who visit Bucharest include Stavropoleos Monastery in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
48.85% of people start their Stavropoleos Monastery visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Stavropoleos Monastery
79.64% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Stavropoleos Monastery
Stavropoleos Monastery Map
Stavropoleos Monastery Trips
Stavropoleos Monastery, Bucharest Reviews
Was good but could be nicer
Good hotel, but the lights don't work sometimes and the orange juice at breakfast could be better.
Restaurant staff was INCREDIBLY rude, without any reason or provocation. Ive never been treated so terribly in a restaurant.
Nice hotel near to center (10 minutes by walk).
All QuestionsStavropoleos monastery
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Chapel Eleele
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames