The National Museum Of Art Of RomaniaCurrently Closed
- Address: Calea Victoriei 49-53, București 010063, Romania, Bucharest
- Timings: 11:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +40-213133030
- Ticket Price: 15 RON
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museum, Family And Kids
The National Museum Of Art Of Romania - Review
This is the country's greatest art collection. The building in which of the collection his house was built for a merchant in the 19th century. It was later used as the Royal Palace, and is one of the country's foremost architectural achievements. Check out the statue of King Carol the first of Romania in front.
Inside the palace however, few signs of royal life remain. The three floors of the palace have all been given over to the art collection. These can be broken down as follows:
- European Art Gallery: The European painting collection of King Carol I; A total of 2,214 paintings and 528 sculptures comprising of works from the 14th to the 20th centuries.
- The Romanian art gallery: This eclectic collection thoroughly demonstrates how Romanian culture blended the East and the West. The 9000 objects cover icons, frescoes, textiles, illuminated manuscripts, rare books, silverwork, medieval jewelry, woodcarving, and ceramics.
Check the Museum website for upcoming temporary exhibitions. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Bucharest itinerary 1 day.
The National Museum Of Art Of Romania Information
- Handbags, rucksacks, packages, umbrellas etc. must be deposited in the museum cloakroom.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- It is best to enter the palace from the left entrance and start with the European art gallery.
The National Museum Of Art Of Romania Ticket Prices
- National Gallery only: 10 lei
- European art gallery: 8 lei
- Free on the first Wednesday of the month.
- 50% discount for retirees and students, Holders of Euro 26 cards.
- Free for preschoolers, war veterans and soldiers.
- Audio guide available for 10 lei (Romanian / English / French).
- Guided tour for groups of 25+: Romanian (100 lei), English (200 lei).
The National Museum Of Art Of Romania Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing time.
- Closed on the first and the second day of Easter & the first and the second day of Pentecost.
How To reach The National Museum Of Art Of Romania by Public Transport
- By Bus: Sala Palatului, Stirbei Voda-178; Luterana-126, 368; Bd. N. Balcescu-122, 268, 300, 368 & Gradina Cismigiu, Universitate-122, 137, 336, 601.
- Tram/trolleybus: Gradina Cismigiu, Universitate-61, 66, 69, 70, 85, 90, 91, 92
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bucharest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bucharest and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The National Museum Of Art Of Romania
95% of people who visit Bucharest include The National Museum Of Art Of Romania in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
38.48% of people start their The National Museum Of Art Of Romania visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see The National Museum Of Art Of Romania
81.01% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The National Museum Of Art Of Romania
The National Museum Of Art Of Romania Map
The National Museum Of Art Of Romania Trips
The National Museum Of Art Of Romania, Bucharest Reviews
Staff lacks any kind of common sense. I was utterly displeased, to say in the least. I went to this particular museum as an art lover, looking for an enjoyable, peaceful experience, but I couldn't spend there more than one hour because of the very unprofessional attitude of the staff - I couldn't take one step without someone following me. I was feeling watched the whole time and it's truly unpleasant. I know their job is to "protect" the museum, but please teach them the manners to do so. I strongly recommend to train your staff better because art is not made to be admired while someone is breathing down your neck and following you around (if I want to ask something, I will, no need for someone to quietly follow my every step). Although the place is amazing and worth visiting, my experience here felt like jail. Oh and very, very bad lighting; you should be more careful with that because some paintings are robbed of their real artistic value.
Nice atmosphere and great art. Nonetheless, there are some major aspects that could be improved, such as the lightning that reflects too much on the paintings or the attitude of the museum workers.
Nice enough Museum. Entry tickets can only be purchased by cash. The apartments are only open on certain days.
Very interesting and educational exposition. I really enjoyed my visit here and I learned a lot about the traditional Christian iconography of this lands and about the most important names in Romania's modern art. I also enjoyed a lot the wing with the collection of European classical art. It includes paintings by Luca Signorelli, El Greco, Rembrandt, Rubens, some of the French impressionists and more. I was really glad to see there the four seasons by Pieter Brueghel the Younger. The interior of this wing is very lavish and grandiose, worth looking at. Overall my visit there was very pleasant. If you go to Bucharest I highly recommend this museum.
The former royal palace. Interesting neo-classical building wrongly designed from the beginning. The central colonnade shouldn’t be even, imagine that the royal speaker couldn’t have been centred at the balcony. Nowadays it is the national museum of art with an impressive collection to display, however during my visit back in 2006 the staff was arrogant and kept following us, my partner just took a look at her phone to check the time, the staff started screaming that phone not allowed!!!. I hope the old staff was replaced.
All QuestionsThe national museum of art of romania
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Cathedral & Chapels
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames