Village MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Soseaua Pavel Dimitrievici Kiseleff 28-30, Bucuresti 011347, Romania, Bucharest
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +40-213179103
- Ticket Price: 10 RON
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Village Museum - Review
Few attractions are as intriguing as Europe's open-air cultural exhibition attractions. And this, one of the first museums of its kind in the world, is also one of the best. Located inside Herastrau Park, this hundred thousand square meters museum houses 272 different types of dwellings and buildings of Romania from the 17th to 20th centuries. Highly authentically detailed and incredibly well-researched, the many sites at the Museum give truth to the comment people often make: Romania is a Fairytale Land. The house all reflect their original architectural influences. Inside each dwelling you will find a detailed description of what living inside that house might be like. This is easily the best place to begin your tour of Romania. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Bucharest itinerary 1 day.
Village Museum Information
- Guided tours must be booked 24 hours in advance.
- There is a restaurant on site.
- Check attraction website for upcoming special exhibitions.
Village Museum Ticket Prices
- Senior citizens & Euro 26 card owners: 5 Lei
- Schoolchildren & Students: 2.5 lei
- Free: preschool children, veterans, disabled visitors, scholarship students awarded by Romanian State
- Audio Guide: 50 lei
- English Guided tour: 300 lei
Village Museum Hours
- “Miorita Gate” (Herastrau Park): Wednesday to Sunday: 11 am to 7 pm
- Exhibition Halls timings: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
How To reach Village Museum by Public Transport
- 131, 205, 282, 330, 331, 335, 783, N113 stop Arcul de Triumf Station
- 131, 205, 331, 335, N113 stop Muzeul Satului Station
- 41, 205, 330, N113 stop Institutul Agronomic Station
By Metro: M2 stop Aviatorilor Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bucharest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bucharest and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Village Museum
88.41% of people who visit Bucharest include Village Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
72.46% of people start their Village Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Village Museum
92.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Village Museum