Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden, Budapest
About Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden, Budapest
Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden, Budapest - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Budapest, Allatkerti krt. 6-12, 1146 Hungary
Ticket Price: 2500 HUF
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 10.9K times in trip plans
Zoo, Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Budapest is the best city to learn the art of resource management. This zoo that opened up in the year 1866 is still as well maintained and much to our delight has expanded beautifully over the years. It is the oldest zoo in the whole of Hungary and is also one of the oldest in the whole world. With about 1072 species, these Botanical Gardens are sure to make you squeal like a child. Out of the 1072 species, you also find the rare ones such as the Komodo Dragon and the Wombat here. In the initial years, most Hungarian species were housed here but over the years there have been additions of various rare kinds of camels, monkeys, kangaroos and parrots. Ages ago, a giraffe was donated to this zoo by Queen Elizabeth. If you have a kid with you, you should definitely visit this attraction.
Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden Information
- Make sure you keep the zoo clean.
- Prepare to stay on the walking path.
- Avoid feeding the animals without the permission of the zoo authorities.
- Children under 14 can use the playground and only with parental supervision.
- Prefer to smoke only in designated area.
- Dogs are not allowed inside the zoo, except Registered Assistant Dogs.
- Tickets are available online.
Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden Ticket Prices
- Adult: 2500 HUF
- Child (2 – 14years): 1800 HUF
- Students: 1900 HUF
- Group tickets (adult): 2000 HUF/ person
Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden Opening and Closing Hours
- Last entry one hour prior to closing time.
How To reach Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden by Public Transport
- Nearby bus stop: Allatkert&Szechenyi furda M – by bus no. -72
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Budapest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Budapest and book an accommodation of your choice.
Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden, Budapest Reviews - Write a Review
Really enjoyed my time in the zoo! So many animals and different plants. You gonna spend all day there because the territory is big and so much to see. You can also come and see animals during the feeding and even try to feed some of them. There are also some food places so you will be not hungry during the day. Many attractions for kids are also available. You gonna have a lot of fun!
Fantastic place.. Your so close to the animals. Nothing like this in England all health and safety mad... we really enjoyed walking around this beautiful place the plant life and museums within... a complete maze.. something amazing round ever corned.. an educational place x
Really good zoo and definitely worth a visit when you're in Budapest. We saw an amazing sea-lion display and go so so close to Rhinos and Giraffes. Sadly we went right at the end of the day and ran out of time to fully enjoy everything. Do not believe google saying 45mins....you need double that!
It's a well maintained zoo with many permanent programs. Check the website. There are playgrounds for children. Educational exhibitions/setups can be found everywhere. "Bagolyvár" restaurant next to the zoo gives discount for those who have a zoo ticket, you can enter the restaurant from the zoo as well.
Just perfect..not sure how google advices 45minutes avg time spent here, I'm sure it's more like 4.5hours! It's huge and well maintained, plenty of indoor adventures, great playgrounds, there is sooooych to see and try! last but not least clean public toilets...
- Nearby Attractions
- Robinson Étterem - Városligeti étterem, étterem Városliget, Vízparti étterem
- A38 Hajó
- Mihály Vörösmarty Statue
- Labyrinth Design Bt.
- Children's Railway Youth Hostel
- Bohem Art Hotel
- Múzeum Kávéház és Étterem
- Rubin Wellness & Conference Hotel
- Animation City Hostel
- Balassi Bálint U. 27
- Budapest Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Budapest
- What to See in 48 Hours in Budapest
- What to See in 72 Hours in Budapest
- How to Spend 5 Days in Budapest
- How to Spend 6 Days in Budapest
- How to Spend 7 Days in Budapest