Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden1142 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Budapest, Allatkerti krt. 6-12, 1146 Hungary
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +36-12734900
- Ticket Price: 2500 HUF
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
Budapest is the best city to learn the art of resource management. This zoo that opened up in the year 1866 is still as well maintained and much to our delight has expanded beautifully over the years. It is the oldest zoo in the whole of Hungary and is also one of the oldest in the whole world. With about 1072 species, these Botanical Gardens are sure to make you squeal like a child. Out of the 1072 species, you also find the rare ones such as the Komodo Dragon and the Wombat here. In the initial years, most Hungarian species were housed here but over the years there have been additions of various rare kinds of camels, monkeys, kangaroos and parrots. Ages ago, a giraffe was donated to this zoo by Queen Elizabeth. If you have a kid with you, you should definitely visit this attraction.
Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden Travel Tips
- Make sure you keep the zoo clean.
- Prepare to stay on the walking path.
- Avoid feeding the animals without the permission of the zoo authorities.
- Children under 14 can use the playground and only with parental supervision.
- Prefer to smoke only in designated area.
- Dogs are not allowed inside the zoo, except Registered Assistant Dogs.
- Tickets are available online.
Entrance Ticket Details For Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden
- Adult: 2500 HUF
- Child (2 – 14years): 1800 HUF
- Students: 1900 HUF
- Group tickets (adult): 2000 HUF/ person
Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden Hours
- Last entry one hour prior to closing time.
How to Reach Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden
- Nearby bus stop: Allatkert&Szechenyi furda M – by bus no. -72
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Budapest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Budapest and book an accommodation of your choice.
10.96% of people who visit Budapest include Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
48.72% of people start their Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden
84.03% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden