Erkel Theatre, Budapest
About Erkel Theatre, Budapest
Erkel Theatre, Budapest - Address, Phone Number
Address: Budapest, II. János Pál pápa tér 30, 1087, Hungary
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Added 791 times in trip plans
Entertainment, Play, Theatre, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Erkel Theatre was initially known as Nepopera as it was built by the Nepopera corporation. In return for the free venue, they took over the control of the regulation of the theatre. The idea of making this theatre was basically to bring Opera to the masses by making it reasonable. It was one of the very first Hungarian operas to come into picture as most of the plays were only in the Hungarian language. Eventually in the years to come, it associated with the State Opera House. With various changes and renovations, today Erkel Theatre acts as the secondary stage to the State Opera House.
Erkel Theatre Information
- 30minutes prior the performance, the ticket office serve only visitors to the upcoming event.
- The theatre is accessible for disabled people.
- Bank cards are accepted for making the payment.
Erkel Theatre Ticket Prices
- Ticket price vary according to the shows. Check the official website of the theatre.
Erkel Theatre Opening and Closing Hours
Ticket office hours:
- Monday to Sunday: 10am to 10pm or until the first intermission of the given performance
How To reach Erkel Theatre by Public Transport
- Nearby subway station: II. Janos Pal papa ter
- Nearby bus station: Kiss Jozsef utca
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Budapest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Budapest and book an accommodation of your choice.
Erkel Theatre, Budapest Reviews - Write a Review
Went there for the opera "Figaro". An Hungarian take of "Marriage of Figaro". Thanks God for subtitles. Nice theatre.
Theater for the people. Beautiful old theater, even the worst seats have a good view. The acoustics are excellent. The staff running the theater are polite and efficient. The metro is a few steps away in the same park. Lovely opportunity to dress up for the evening. The concessions were good, but the queue was crazy long.
It's a big theatre, member of the Hungarian State Opera. All the big events from the Opera are also shown here. The shows are high quality events. The building is a few years ago renewd and is now fully modern.
Best place to see contemporary ballet at an unbeatable price, it's best to book online way before the show to choose your seat.
Now when the big Opera is closed for renovation the Erkel is the Mekka for opera lovers.
- Nearby Attractions
- Kiscsibesz Ter
- Castle District
- Giraffe Hop On - Hop Off Tour Budapest
- Grandio Party Hostel
- Sugar! Design Confectionary And Candy Store
- Liszt Ferenc Airport 2
- Akácfa Utca
- Lucky 7 Burgers And More
- Gelarto Rosa - Ice Cream Shop
- Budapest Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Budapest
- What to See in 48 Hours in Budapest
- What to See in 72 Hours in Budapest
- How to Spend 5 Days in Budapest
- How to Spend 6 Days in Budapest
- How to Spend 7 Days in Budapest