Fishermans Bastion9597 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1014 Budapest, Szentharomsag ter 5, Hungary
- Timings: 09:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Phone: +36-14583030
- Ticket Price: 700 HUF
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Architecture
The Buda Bank on the Danube is prettily dotted with a construction that looks somewhat like a terrace. This place is called the Fisherman’s Bastion. This structure is built close to the Matthias church.
Built and designed between the years 1895 and 1902 by Frigyes Schulek, this Gothic structure is something out of a fairytale. However it was damaged in the Second World War and reconstructed by János Schulek who also happens to be the original architect’s son.
There are seven towers built in white which look like they’ve been built with the imagination of a fantasy writer. The pretty towers are a reminder of the seven tribes that made the area their home that led to the formation of what we know today as Hungary. This place is not just a great photo opportunity or a great place to view the city. It has several stories associated with it. It makes this space both stunning as well as historic. A definite must visit for any traveler to Budapest.
One of the most enchantingly beautiful structures of Budapest, the Fisherman’s Bastion is a majestically built building decked with 7 separate towers. Because of its famed beauty expect a number of people when you go to buy tickets for Fisherman’s Bastion. It is best to get tickets for Fisherman’s Bastion in advance if you want to skip all the lines. Our ticketing portal lets you view Fisherman’s Bastion ticket prices and combine the Fisherman’s Bastion tickets with other attractive things to do in Budapest as well.
Fishermans Bastion Travel Tips
- A visit to many of the the balconies and the terrace itself is completely free. If you wish a view from one of the turrets there is an admission fee of 600 HUF for adults. It is free for children.
- The name of this place refers to the fishermen who protected the area in the medieval times.
- A cafe and restaurant are a part of the fisherman’s bastion in case you need some refreshment.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fishermans Bastion
- Adults: 700HUF
- Students & Children: HUF 350
- Children under 6: Free Entry
- Pensioners (from EU member states): HUF 350
Fishermans Bastion Hours
Opening Hours of the Upper Towers of the Fisherman’s Bastion
- From 9 am to 7 pm (March 16 to April 30)
- From 9 am to 8 pm (May 1 to October 15)
visiting the Fisherman’s Bastion (lower and upper towers and terraces): 24 hours
How to Reach Fishermans Bastion
- Nearby bus station: Donati utca
- Ruszwurm Cukraszda
- Cafe Miro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Budapest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Budapest and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.65% of people who visit Budapest include Fishermans Bastion in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
69.01% of people start their Fishermans Bastion visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Fishermans Bastion
81.21% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fishermans Bastion