Liszt Ferenc Memorial Museum And Research CentreCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Budapest, Vörösmarty u. 35, 1064 Hungary
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +36-13229804
- Ticket Price: 1500 HUF
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
Liszt Ferenc has had quite an influence on Budapest. There are quite a lot of places that are completely dedicated to the famous museum. This place is actually a reconstruction of his last residence. This is the first floor of the Old Academy of Music where he resided from the year 1881-1886. This place gives an insight into his old life and what he went through in the last years of his life. His instruments, notes, documents and furniture are preserved for people to get an insight of how his life actually was.
- Photography without flash and videography for non-commercial purpose is allowed.
- Guided tour is available in foreign language like English, German, French, Italian and Russian.
- For groups of more than 25 people, prior appointment is required.
- Other contact No: +36 1 413 044
- Entrance fee: 1500HUF
- Students(International Students' Card) and seniors: 750HUF (EU citizens only)
- Photo permit (without flash): 1.100HUF
- Video permit (private only): 2.200HUF
- Guided tour in foreign language: 12.000HUF
- For concert tickets and publication fees: check the official website
- Nearby subway station: Vorosmarty utca
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Budapest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Budapest and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.42% of people who visit Budapest include Liszt Ferenc Memorial Museum And Research Centre in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
75% of people start their Liszt Ferenc Memorial Museum And Research Centre visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Liszt Ferenc Memorial Museum And Research Centre
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Liszt Ferenc Memorial Museum And Research Centre
An outstanding exhibit! Doesn't take long, but there's plenty to see. I highly recommend springing the extra coin for the audio tour and the CD of Liszt's works being performed on the various instruments of his at the museum.
My daughter wanted to visit the museum, she is playing piano last 6 years.It's a spectacular house-museum where Franz Liszt composed his music.A bit hard to find the entrance.
Fascinating to see the room with its original furniture where Listz composed! Also the original pianos are there! For any music lover, this is a memorable place to visit!
My advice to anyone would be to pay the little extra for the audio tour. Without it, it's quite pointless. A very informative tour. It was great to see all the different pianos used by him, from the glass chord to the Chickering and the built in keyboard to the desk. I would highly recommend it to any music lovers.
A fine little museum about Liszt - a perfect museum for passionated people. You can also attend a concert. We didn't do that when we visited the museum but consider it.