Liszt Ferenc Memorial Museum And Research Centre, Budapest
About Liszt Ferenc Memorial Museum And Research Centre, Budapest
Liszt Ferenc Memorial Museum And Research Centre, Budapest - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Budapest, Vörösmarty u. 35, 1064 Hungary
Ticket Price: 1500 HUF
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 305 times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Liszt Ferenc has had quite an influence on Budapest. There are quite a lot of places that are completely dedicated to the famous museum. This place is actually a reconstruction of his last residence. This is the first floor of the Old Academy of Music where he resided from the year 1881-1886. This place gives an insight into his old life and what he went through in the last years of his life. His instruments, notes, documents and furniture are preserved for people to get an insight of how his life actually was.
Liszt Ferenc Memorial Museum And Research Centre Information
- Photography without flash and videography for non-commercial purpose is allowed.
- Guided tour is available in foreign language like English, German, French, Italian and Russian.
- For groups of more than 25 people, prior appointment is required.
- Other contact No: +36 1 413 044
Liszt Ferenc Memorial Museum And Research Centre Ticket Prices
- Entrance fee: 1500HUF
- Students(International Students' Card) and seniors: 750HUF (EU citizens only)
- Photo permit (without flash): 1.100HUF
- Video permit (private only): 2.200HUF
- Guided tour in foreign language: 12.000HUF
- For concert tickets and publication fees: check the official website
How To reach Liszt Ferenc Memorial Museum And Research Centre by Public Transport
- Nearby subway station: Vorosmarty utca
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Budapest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Budapest and book an accommodation of your choice.
Liszt Ferenc Memorial Museum And Research Centre, Budapest Reviews - Write a Review
My advice to anyone would be to pay the little extra for the audio tour. Without it, it's quite pointless. A very informative tour. It was great to see all the different pianos used by him, from the glass chord to the Chickering and the built in keyboard to the desk. I would highly recommend it to any music lovers.
It is a must even if you are not a musician .. Liszt is one of the most important characters in Hungary.. so please visit and get the audio guid it's wonderful and it's a small museum so you'll finish it with the audio commentary in like 45 minutes max ..
A must for any musician, especially Liszt lovers. Amazing array of pianos. Rent the headset if you want to hear them. Also see the Liszt Academy which can only be visited on one of the tours they offer.
Very evocative of the man and his music and the audio guide is very informative. The museum doesn't advertise itself and can be difficult to find as it's set behind during an ordinary door on a side street.
It's very small, but very interesting, unfortunately the voice of Italian audioguide was very boring. You should pay an extra to make photos, it's a real pity.
- Nearby Attractions
- Trattoria Pomo D'oro
- Bazar Hostel
- Expo Congress Hotel
- Spoon The Boat Restaurants
- Irgalmasok Veli Bej Bath
- Bozsik Stadion
- Napfenyes Etterem Vegan
- Royal Residence
- Hajós Alfréd Nemzeti Sportuszoda és Széchy Tamás Uszoda
- Budapest Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Budapest
- What to See in 48 Hours in Budapest
- What to See in 72 Hours in Budapest
- How to Spend 5 Days in Budapest
- How to Spend 6 Days in Budapest
- How to Spend 7 Days in Budapest