Ludwig Muzeum Budapest - Kortars Muveszeti MuzeumCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Mupa Budapest, Komor Marcell u. 1, Budapest, H-1095, 1095, Hungary
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +36-15553444
- Fax: +1-15553458
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Family And Kids, Social, Arts, Museums
The Ludwig Muzeum was actually a collection belonging to Peter and Irene Ludwig. They collected various paintings from Hungary as well as the rest of the World and gave it place under one roof in this museum. Their main aim was to build the gap between art of East and West. There are art works from the 60s and 70s from the genre of Eastern European Avant Garde that are sure to give you a taste of both of the art worlds. Pieces by Roy Lichtenstein, Andy Warhol, Jasper Johns and Claes Oldenburg are the highlights of this place.
- Cloakroom is available to leave your coat, bag and umbrella.
- For group visit, prior appointment is required.
- The exhibition can be visited free of chargeat one occasion of choice with a valid ticket to the Palace of Arts until the day of the concert!
- Guided tour (for group of less than 10 people): 6500 HUF per group in Hungarian, HUF 7 500 per group in other languages.
- Permanent Exhibition: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Temporary Exhibition: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm (Monday – closed)
- Library Timings: visit the official website.
- Nearby Train Station: Kozvagohid
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Budapest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Budapest and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.44% of people who visit Budapest include Ludwig Muzeum Budapest - Kortars Muveszeti Muzeum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
80% of people start their Ludwig Muzeum Budapest - Kortars Muveszeti Muzeum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Ludwig Muzeum Budapest - Kortars Muveszeti Muzeum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ludwig Muzeum Budapest - Kortars Muveszeti Muzeum
Absolutely outstanding! All the people must visit this museum, it is like Mecca for Muslims! Very impressive and more than well done organized and managed! Bravo, Irene and Peter Ludwig - they were the founders of the Ludwig Museum – Museum of Contemporary Art, Budapest! This family had a collection of more than 12 thousand works of art, range from antiquities to contemporary art. The pieces they have donated or lent are on display at 30 museums worldwide, including institutions in Budapest, Cologne, Vienna and Beijing!
Interesting exhibits, but not that large. Maybe one floor being closed off for exhibit construction makes a significant difference. The One-minute Works on the 1st floor were pretty unique and presented a cool way for the audience to become part of the art!
Liked it a lot. A nice and interesting museum. Only minus was that it was very high up and I am terrified of heights haha
best museum in budapest. a perfect example of a modern art museum. very good permanent collection and great temporary exhibitions. small but interesting museum shop
Museum looks well maintained. However the overall quality of the exhibitions was (in my opinion) very poor. The artists did get an emotional reaction from me - mainly disbelief that I paid to see some of this stuff. The only thing that saved this museum was that they had a few Picassios upstairs.