Museum Of Applied ArtsCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Budapest, Ulloi ut 33-37, 1091 Hungary
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +36-14565107
- Ticket Price: 2000 HUF
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Apart from being the third oldest Applied Arts museum in the world, this museum is also the most coveted museum for applied arts in Hungary. The Hungarian Parliament thought of establishing this place in the year 1872. The collection here does not only boast of some amazing quality Hungarian artwork but also historical and contemporary art work collected from the rest of the World. There is a castle inside housing some of the best applied arts in the form of furniture. The permanent exhibition here keeps getting updated constantly and is one of the most sought after collections in the art realm. The directors were renowned personalities and helped establish this museum equal to its initial contemporaries in London, Vienna and Germany.
- The museum is accessible for disabled people.
- Free admission is for children under 6 years, visitors above 70 years, visitors with disabilities,government officials with ministerial pass and school teachers.
- Given ticket price is the full price of permanent exhibition (Collectors and treasures - Islamic Art)
Other ticket prices of permanent exhibition (Collectors and treasures - Islamic - Art)
- Concession (for ages 6 -26 and 62 – 70) : 1000HUF
- Student group (for students in group of more than 15): 800HUF
- Adult group (for adults in group of more than 15) : 1600HUF
- Family(2/1 adult + 1 or more children under 18): 4000HUF
- Ticket price of temporary exhibition may vary. Check the official website for the update.
- Group leaders and teacher: free admission
- Museum visit with guide: 800HUF
- Museum visit with guide and activities: 1300HUF
- School or camp activity, birthday: 1700HUF
- Free admission to the permanent museum on every 3rd Sunday of each month: for people under 26 and for up to 2 parents (or other close relatives) accompanying children under 18.
- Museum shop: 10:15 am – 5:30pm (Tuesday to Sunday).
- Museum Shop is closed on Monday.
- Nearest subway station: Corvin-negyed
- Nearest tram station: Corvin-negyed M
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Budapest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Budapest and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.99% of people who visit Budapest include Museum Of Applied Arts in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
65% of people start their Museum Of Applied Arts visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Museum Of Applied Arts
87.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Of Applied Arts
Beautiful building and interesting content in it. Art people may get useful information
Beautiful roof but the whole building is closed for renovation.
31 juli 2018. Musuem closed for renovation!! We are sad!! Merel and arris.
The museum building is really beautiful, the exhibits too, but the exhibition felt disappointingly small compared to the size of the building.
we had our wedding-party in the entrance hall. It was really great and beautiful!