Museum Of Applied Arts, Budapest
About Museum Of Applied Arts, Budapest
Museum Of Applied Arts, Budapest - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Budapest, Ulloi ut 33-37, 1091 Hungary
Ticket Price: 2000 HUF
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 788 times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Apart from being the third oldest Applied Arts museum in the world, this museum is also the most coveted museum for applied arts in Hungary. The Hungarian Parliament thought of establishing this place in the year 1872. The collection here does not only boast of some amazing quality Hungarian artwork but also historical and contemporary art work collected from the rest of the World. There is a castle inside housing some of the best applied arts in the form of furniture. The permanent exhibition here keeps getting updated constantly and is one of the most sought after collections in the art realm. The directors were renowned personalities and helped establish this museum equal to its initial contemporaries in London, Vienna and Germany.
Museum Of Applied Arts Information
- The museum is accessible for disabled people.
- Free admission is for children under 6 years, visitors above 70 years, visitors with disabilities,government officials with ministerial pass and school teachers.
Museum Of Applied Arts Ticket Prices
- Given ticket price is the full price of permanent exhibition (Collectors and treasures - Islamic Art)
Other ticket prices of permanent exhibition (Collectors and treasures - Islamic - Art)
- Concession (for ages 6 -26 and 62 – 70) : 1000HUF
- Student group (for students in group of more than 15): 800HUF
- Adult group (for adults in group of more than 15) : 1600HUF
- Family(2/1 adult + 1 or more children under 18): 4000HUF
- Ticket price of temporary exhibition may vary. Check the official website for the update.
- Group leaders and teacher: free admission
- Museum visit with guide: 800HUF
- Museum visit with guide and activities: 1300HUF
- School or camp activity, birthday: 1700HUF
- Free admission to the permanent museum on every 3rd Sunday of each month: for people under 26 and for up to 2 parents (or other close relatives) accompanying children under 18.
Museum Of Applied Arts Opening and Closing Hours
- Museum shop: 10:15 am – 5:30pm (Tuesday to Sunday).
- Museum Shop is closed on Monday.
How To reach Museum Of Applied Arts by Public Transport
- Nearest subway station: Corvin-negyed
- Nearest tram station: Corvin-negyed M
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Budapest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Budapest and book an accommodation of your choice.
Museum Of Applied Arts, Budapest Reviews - Write a Review
Amazing art nouveau building, in a poor state. The collection is a bit disappointing. Very nice objects but so few furniture!
Architecture of Art Nouveau, third oldest applied arts museum in the world. Nice atrium ! very near central market.
Beautiful building inside and outside. Worth visiting. Art nouveau style.
Never been so dissapointed of a museum as today, I dont understand why everyone is so excited about this, yes the building is verry old and quite spectaculair but thats it. I think I had seen it al in 15 minutes and I paid 2200 huf for the expedition of 'in the mood for colours'. Sorry I was just expecting more from this. Not even snapchatworthy :')
Beautiful building, but the museum is closed until January 2021 due to renovation.
- Nearby Attractions
- Tesco Express
- Budapest University Of Technology And Economics
- Kőbánya-kispest M
- Bock Bisztró
- Ibis Budapest Aero
- Carpe Noctem Hostel
- Budapest Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Budapest
- What to See in 48 Hours in Budapest
- What to See in 72 Hours in Budapest
- How to Spend 5 Days in Budapest
- How to Spend 6 Days in Budapest
- How to Spend 7 Days in Budapest