St Stephens Basilica6855 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Budapest, Szent István tér 1, 1051 Hungary
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +36-13110839
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Architecture
St Stephen’s Basilica, also known as Szent Istvan Bazilika is locally considered to be the most important church in the city of Budapest. It has a very high historical value. The Basilica is named after Stephen I, the first King of Hungary. His hand is said to be housed inside the reliquary. This church started as the sixth largest church in Hungary and this was recorded before the year 1920. Today, it is the third highest church in Hungary and is considered to be one of the most important tourist attractions in the city. The most striking fact about this building is that it stands almost at an equal height to the Parliament Building, making it one of the two tallest buildings in Budapest. Ever since its inception, the musical community has owed a lot to the St Stephen Basilica for encouraging the particular art form. It also houses the great St Stephen Bell and is a complete delight for any music lover to visit and witness the best of Hungarian Organ players enrich the musical history of the Basilica.
The St. Stephens Basilica of Budapest is one of the most astonishing architectural attractions in Hungary. Being a church, there are no tickets for St. Stephens Basilica. However, if you wish to understand the architectural importance of this place, you can book tickets for St. Stephens Basilica tours with us and have an enlightening session. St. Stephens Basilica ticket prices come along in all range. As you book St. Stephens Basilica Tickets with us, you get an entry into the world of history and wonder.
St Stephens Basilica Travel Tips
- Timings are subjected to change. Call up the information center to clarify the exact opening hours before visiting the church.
- Donation of 200 HUF/1€ is accepted.
- Be decently dressed while visiting the church.
- Maintain tranquility within the church.
Entrance Ticket Details For St Stephens Basilica
- Free entry
St Stephens Basilica Hours
- For Mass timings: check the official website.
How to Reach St Stephens Basilica
- Nearest bus stop: Szent István Bazilika (by bus no. – 9, 914, 914A, 931, 950, 950A)
- Nearest subway station: Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út&Arany János utca
- Sir Lancelot Lovagi Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Budapest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Budapest and book an accommodation of your choice.
60.98% of people who visit Budapest include St Stephens Basilica in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
52.1% of people start their St Stephens Basilica visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see St Stephens Basilica
76.01% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St Stephens Basilica