The Liszt Academy Of Music, Budapest
About The Liszt Academy Of Music, Budapest
The Liszt Academy Of Music, Budapest - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Budapest, Liszt Ferenc tér 8, 1061 Hungary
Ticket Price: 1500 HUF
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 08:30 pm Details
Added 6.9K times in trip plans
Entertainment, Family And Kids, Workshop
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Liszt Academy of Music is renowned as a show corridor and music center in Budapest, Hungary, established on November 14, 1875. It is the feature of the Liszt Collection, which offers a few significant books and compositions gave by Liszt upon his demise. It also includes the AVISO studio, which is regarded as a joint effort between the administrations of Hungary and Japan to furnish sound recording supplies and academic preparations for students. The Art Nouveau style building is a standout amongst the most famous buildings in Budapest. It was constructed by Floris Korb and Kalman Giergl at the appeal of Baron Gyula Wlassics, who was the presiding Minister of Culture back then. The veneer is characterized by a statue of Liszt which was chiseled by Alajos Strobl. Within the building the interiors are beautified with frescoes, Zsolnay earthenware production, and a few statues of mainly Bela Bartok and Frederic Chopin.
The Liszt Academy Of Music Information
- Initially the building likewise had stained ground glass windows, designed by Miksa Róth. Different offices utilized by the Academy are the Budapest Teacher Training College, spotted in the previous National Music School on Semmelweis Street.
- This academy can be visited via guided tour.
The Liszt Academy Of Music Ticket Prices
- Adult ticket (with guide speaking Hungarian): HUF 1500
- Concession/student ticket (with guide speaking Hungarian): HUF 750
- Adult ticket (with guide speaking foreign language): HUF 2900
- With student identity card, concession card, and for over-65s (with guide speaking foreign language): HUF 1 450
- Guided tour every day: Adult tickets are HUF 3500 & With student identity card, concession card, and for over-65s: HUF 1750. No registration needed.
The Liszt Academy Of Music Opening and Closing Hours
- For individual guided tour: 1:30pm (everyday)
- Guided tour duration: 50minutes
How To reach The Liszt Academy Of Music by Public Transport
- Liszt Ferenc te4r 8.
Restaurants Near The Liszt Academy Of Music
- Burg Hotel
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Budapest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Budapest and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Liszt Academy Of Music, Budapest Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful interior that's been recently renovated. Did the 1:30pm English language tour. Had an impromptu recital from one of the students and then saw the main concert hall. The content felt a bit light for the ticket price, but they did a great job with the restoration.
What a superb art nouveau building. It is breathtaking!
Best of the best. Beautiful, historic building, central location, great shows, skilled world class performers. Not to be missed.
An exquisite Art Nouveau building with a sculpture of Franz Liszt on its façade & the monument of George Solti next to it.
Unique atmosphere,live music, different world :)
- Nearby Attractions
- Hotel Hungaria City Center
- Garden Of Philosophy
- Ruin Pub Budapest
- Barberry Beauty Studio
- Church Of Muslims In Hungary - Budapest Mosque
- Castro Bistro
- Meander Hostel
- Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge Hotel
- Budapest Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Budapest
- What to See in 48 Hours in Budapest
- What to See in 72 Hours in Budapest
- How to Spend 5 Days in Budapest
- How to Spend 6 Days in Budapest
- How to Spend 7 Days in Budapest