Are you looking for what to do in Budapest?
WHAT TO SEE
If you want to experience the most astonishing view of Budapest, you should visit the Buda Castle on Buda hill with its lookout across the Danube.
- Basilica of St. Stephen: Neoclassical cathedral built in 1905. It keeps small treasury of ecclestiastical objects. Climb up to the top of the dome for another amazing view of the city.
- Matthias Church: Neo-Gothic building with a colourful tiled roof, Church boasts frescoes, stained-glass windows and Romanic wall decorations.
- The Chain Bridge: The city's oldest bridge and one of the most recognizable city symbols. The twin-towered bridge was built in 1849. and was the first permanent dry link between Pest and Buda.
- The Parliament Building: This remarkable building was built in 1902. as a blend of different architectural styles – neo-Gothic, neo-Romanesque, neo-Baroque. It has 690 rooms, but there are only three of them available to visitors. It preserves lot of national and cultural treasures.
- The Fisherman's bastion: A terace in neo-Gothic and neo-Romanesque style on Buda hill, with amazing view over the Danube and Pest.
- Buda Castle Labyrinth: Almost a mile long cave system under the Castle district attracts many visitors. Explore the five separate labyrinths that have been used since prehistoric times.
Pubs and Nightlife
- As a true metropolis, Budapest offers many pubs, locals and places to spend a pleasant and fun nightlife. Whether you want to have a drink, dance all night or listen to specific sort of music, you will find all of that and much more. Visit Rocktogon Rock Music Club, Palacio de la Salsa for latin music, Romkert, a summer beer garden or listen to piano music in Piaf, a stylish jazz nightclub.
- The most popular shopping street in Budapest is Vaci street.
- WestEnd City Center with its 400 shops was recently the largest shopping mall in Central Europe. It is located in Vaci street.
- The Great Market Hall on its three levels will provide you with all the goods that you might need.
Below we have a list of things to do in Budapest and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Budapest getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Budapest with confidence.