TropicariumCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Budapest, Nagytetenyi ut 37-45, 1222 Hungary
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +36-14243053
- Ticket Price: 2500 HUF
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Aquarium, Family And Kids
Tropicarium- Oceanarium is a complete delight for anybody who likes to see animals living in a comfortable habitat. The best part about this tropicarium is that is the largest saltwater aquarium in Central Europe and is situated a little away from the hustle bustle of the city on the outskirts. The biggest highlight of this place is the deep shark tank, where you can see sharks go about just like they would in the ocean. There are about 8 sharks in this and you can see them through the glass walls. The natural habitat is recreated for the animals over a widespread area of 32,000 square feet. The habitat is recreated in the form of a tropical rainforest where you can see creatures go on about their day and you get a chance to interact with them in your own way. For experienced divers, swimming with the sharks would be a memorable experience. For others, seeing various species of monkeys, fish, exotic birds is an awesome reason to visit this attraction.
Tropicarium Travel Tips
- Video films or photos can only be taken in the exhibition area for own use but no flash allowed.
- Air balloons, shopping carts, child cabs cannot be taken in the exhibition areas.
- The animals may only be stroked, fed or touched at the appointed place
- Birds keep on flying freely in several rooms. Hence be careful while visiting the zoo.
- Take care of cleanliness and leave any litter in the appointed cans.
- Dogs are not allowed to bring into the zoo, except Registered Assistant Dogs.
Entrance Ticket Details For Tropicarium
- Adult: 2500 HUF/ person
- Children, students (age of 4 -18 with full time student card), seniors (over 62 years) : 1800HUF/ person
- Children , students (between 14-18without student card or up to age of 26 with full time student card) : 2100 HUF/ person
- Kids under 4 (if arrive with family): free
- Group tickets (for atleast 15 visitors): 2100HUF/person (adults between 18 -62); 1600HUF/ person (upto 18 years); 8000HUF/person (2 adults + 2children)
- The zoo is open everyday: 10am -8pm
- Last entry: 1 hour before closing time
- 24thDecember: 10 am – 2 pm (The ticket office closes at 1 pm.)
- 25thDecember: 12 am – 7 pm (The ticket office closes at 6 pm.)
- 31stDecember: 10 am – 6 pm (The ticket office closes at 5 pm.)
- 1stJanuary: 12 am – 7 pm (The ticket office closes at 6 pm.)
- Check the animal feeding session from the official website.
How to Reach Tropicarium
- Nearby bus station: Lepcsos utca
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Budapest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Budapest and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.75% of people who visit Budapest include Tropicarium in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
46.67% of people start their Tropicarium visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Tropicarium
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tropicarium
Tropicarium Reviews & Ratings
Nice place to visit, with big variety of fish species, nice aquariums, forest-like environment with birds and a lot other interesting species. I recommend this place for families with young kids, for people who admire marine life and love fish. I really liked it here even though I expected it would be a tad bigger.
Nice aquarium situated in the middle of shopping mall - still its pretty big and it take 1,5 - 2 hours to visit. Many of interesting aquariums, also reptiles section, but mainly Shark tunnel. We enjoyed very much. If you are in Budapest with kids you should go there. Only problem that its located far from city center. If you not by the car you must take a city bus and go for like 40 minutes
Tropicarium is far from city center so if u don't have have a car prepare yourself for an hour long journey by public transport. Aquarium would be better if every info on animals was also in English. Other than that shark aquarium is really great.
My entire family loved it!!! We got some discounted price using our Hungary card that was very pleasant. The place is kept clean and spacious for visitors. Easy way through with the stroller. Very nice animals! Thumbs up! Highly recommended.
Amazing animals, amazing sight. You feel like you are in the jungle rather than in the tropicarium. The aquariums are mind-blowing, especially the one that has a tunnel in it. It's a good place to bring your young kids. They will really enjoy the last pool, where you can touch the fish. Amazing exparience.