TropicariumCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Budapest, Nagytetenyi ut 37-45, 1222 Hungary
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +36-14243053
- Ticket Price: 2500 HUF
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Aquarium, Family And Kids
Tropicarium - Review
Tropicarium- Oceanarium is a complete delight for anybody who likes to see animals living in a comfortable habitat. The best part about this tropicarium is that is the largest saltwater aquarium in Central Europe and is situated a little away from the hustle bustle of the city on the outskirts. The biggest highlight of this place is the deep shark tank, where you can see sharks go about just like they would in the ocean. There are about 8 sharks in this and you can see them through the glass walls. The natural habitat is recreated for the animals over a widespread area of 32,000 square feet. The habitat is recreated in the form of a tropical rainforest where you can see creatures go on about their day and you get a chance to interact with them in your own way. For experienced divers, swimming with the sharks would be a memorable experience. For others, seeing various species of monkeys, fish, exotic birds is an awesome reason to visit this attraction.
- Video films or photos can only be taken in the exhibition area for own use but no flash allowed.
- Air balloons, shopping carts, child cabs cannot be taken in the exhibition areas.
- The animals may only be stroked, fed or touched at the appointed place
- Birds keep on flying freely in several rooms. Hence be careful while visiting the zoo.
- Take care of cleanliness and leave any litter in the appointed cans.
- Dogs are not allowed to bring into the zoo, except Registered Assistant Dogs.
Tropicarium Ticket Prices
- Adult: 2500 HUF/ person
- Children, students (age of 4 -18 with full time student card), seniors (over 62 years) : 1800HUF/ person
- Children , students (between 14-18without student card or up to age of 26 with full time student card) : 2100 HUF/ person
- Kids under 4 (if arrive with family): free
- Group tickets (for atleast 15 visitors): 2100HUF/person (adults between 18 -62); 1600HUF/ person (upto 18 years); 8000HUF/person (2 adults + 2children)
- The zoo is open everyday: 10am -8pm
- Last entry: 1 hour before closing time
- 24thDecember: 10 am – 2 pm (The ticket office closes at 1 pm.)
- 25thDecember: 12 am – 7 pm (The ticket office closes at 6 pm.)
- 31stDecember: 10 am – 6 pm (The ticket office closes at 5 pm.)
- 1stJanuary: 12 am – 7 pm (The ticket office closes at 6 pm.)
- Check the animal feeding session from the official website.
How To reach Tropicarium by Public Transport
- Nearby bus station: Lepcsos utca
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Budapest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Budapest and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Tropicarium
1.79% of people who visit Budapest include Tropicarium in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
46.67% of people start their Tropicarium visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Tropicarium
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tropicarium
Tropicarium, Budapest Reviews
Nice experience. It is maintained very nicely considering the space in a shopping mall. Quite many species. Check for the feeding time to the species; great experience to see species having food. You can touch few species. Wheelchair/Stroller can be taken in whole aquarium. Quite far from chain bridge.
Is a very nice aquarium, with interesting displays of reptiles, insects and various other wild life animals. The different displays are always accompanied by nice educational posters, excellent for school kids and curios adults alike. The down side to this place is that this facility is aging, and it shows all around. All and all is a very nice tourist attraction. One last thing: it's located inside a big mall which is nice...
Frankly to say I've expected biggest experience and more impressive feelings... I liked the Rain forest - there were imitation of real thunderstorm - I've felt I'm in the rain shower! Great! Many amazing fishes, rain forest animals etc. can be found there. Disadvantages: missing information charts, some of them have been written in English, but difficult to be summarised the information. For me was little overpriced without guide tour...
Wonderful! Great experience, especially if you have small kids with you. There is a tank where you can pet stingrays. Tropicarium is located inside shopping mall with dozens of shops and several places to eat - including McDonald's and Pizza Hut.
This is a very nice place to see even if it is not a propper bigger one. You can see everything in two, maybe two and a half hours. Some fish are really friendly and they follow your hand as long as you give them attention. All of them are really awesome looking and some have even crazy colors on top of it. I do not regret the visit, not a drop :)