About Tropicarium, Budapest
Tropicarium, Budapest - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Budapest, Nagytetenyi ut 37-45, 1222 Hungary
Ticket Price: 2500 HUF
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 1.1K times in trip plans
Aquarium, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Tropicarium- Oceanarium is a complete delight for anybody who likes to see animals living in a comfortable habitat. The best part about this tropicarium is that is the largest saltwater aquarium in Central Europe and is situated a little away from the hustle bustle of the city on the outskirts. The biggest highlight of this place is the deep shark tank, where you can see sharks go about just like they would in the ocean. There are about 8 sharks in this and you can see them through the glass walls. The natural habitat is recreated for the animals over a widespread area of 32,000 square feet. The habitat is recreated in the form of a tropical rainforest where you can see creatures go on about their day and you get a chance to interact with them in your own way. For experienced divers, swimming with the sharks would be a memorable experience. For others, seeing various species of monkeys, fish, exotic birds is an awesome reason to visit this attraction.
- Video films or photos can only be taken in the exhibition area for own use but no flash allowed.
- Air balloons, shopping carts, child cabs cannot be taken in the exhibition areas.
- The animals may only be stroked, fed or touched at the appointed place
- Birds keep on flying freely in several rooms. Hence be careful while visiting the zoo.
- Take care of cleanliness and leave any litter in the appointed cans.
- Dogs are not allowed to bring into the zoo, except Registered Assistant Dogs.
Tropicarium Ticket Prices
- Adult: 2500 HUF/ person
- Children, students (age of 4 -18 with full time student card), seniors (over 62 years) : 1800HUF/ person
- Children , students (between 14-18without student card or up to age of 26 with full time student card) : 2100 HUF/ person
- Kids under 4 (if arrive with family): free
- Group tickets (for atleast 15 visitors): 2100HUF/person (adults between 18 -62); 1600HUF/ person (upto 18 years); 8000HUF/person (2 adults + 2children)
Tropicarium Opening and Closing Hours
- The zoo is open everyday: 10am -8pm
- Last entry: 1 hour before closing time
- 24thDecember: 10 am – 2 pm (The ticket office closes at 1 pm.)
- 25thDecember: 12 am – 7 pm (The ticket office closes at 6 pm.)
- 31stDecember: 10 am – 6 pm (The ticket office closes at 5 pm.)
- 1stJanuary: 12 am – 7 pm (The ticket office closes at 6 pm.)
- Check the animal feeding session from the official website.
How To reach Tropicarium by Public Transport
- Nearby bus station: Lepcsos utca
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Budapest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Budapest and book an accommodation of your choice.
Tropicarium, Budapest Reviews - Write a Review
It's conveniently located inside of the shopping center. This place will be interesting for kids and adults as well. It isn't very big though, but still if you're animal person and you've been to Budapest Zoo, you definitely have to go there. You can explore everything in under less than 25-30 mins.
Nice place for adult and children as well. Located a little bit away from city center but no problem to get there by car. It was a little bit crowded and we had to wait aprox. 20 minutes to get in. All descriptions are in English only.
The place was nice. It had a big tank with sarks and a small zoo with monkeys and reptiles. I wanted it to be bigger. It was very crowdy too but I guess that's because it was Saturday. If you have never been to other big aquariums in Europe, it does worth a shot.
Wonderful aquarium to spend an hour or more of your time. Very nicely set up. Clean and well kept.
Never fails to amaze. Nice atmosphere and kids friendly surroundings. The rainforest area and shark tunnel are amazing. Don't forget to stop at the stingrays 😀
- Nearby Attractions
- The Fat Policeman Statue
- Calvinist Church
- Statue Of Ferenc Rakoczi
- Saint Elizabeth Church
- Ecseri Piac Mercado
- Budapest Keleti Railway Station
- Budapest Amusement Park
- Inner-city Parish Church
- German Occupation Memorial
- Budapest Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Budapest
- What to See in 48 Hours in Budapest
- What to See in 72 Hours in Budapest
- How to Spend 5 Days in Budapest
- How to Spend 6 Days in Budapest
- How to Spend 7 Days in Budapest