Vigado Concert Hall
- Address: Budapest, Vigadó tér 2, 1051 Hungary
- Phone: +36-204294124
- Ticket Price: 800 HUF
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Concert, Landmarks, Social, Music And Show Venues
Vigado Concert Hall in the present day stands as the second largest concert hall in Budapest and increases the glory of the banks of the mystical Danube. The story of Vigado Concert Hall like many other main attractions of Budapest is no less than inspiring. Home to the Hungarian State Folk Ensemble(House of traditions), the group has stuck to the concert hall during its thick and thins ever since 1951. After World War I, this hall was made to replace another mall at the same site. After World War II, it was destroyed even further. It took more than 30 years to get back in shape and the facade was not restored until the year 2006.
- Online tickets are also available.
- For adults: 800HUF
- Concessions (for students and senior citizens) : 500HUF
- Visitor’s ticket for guided tourswith over 15 participants (priceper person): 600HUF
- Family tickets (1 or 2 adults and maximum 3 children) : 1500HUF
- Further tickets for children (per children): 300HUF
- Free admission: For children below 6 years of age, for persons over 70years of age, those holding special tickets for professionalsissued by the Minister for Human Capacities, educators(currently in employment) in public education, thoseholding photo press ID cards, people with disabilities andtheir escorts (maximum one escort per disabled person)
- Box office: 10am to 6:30pm(everyday)
- Nearby subway station: Vorosmarty ter
- Nearby tram station: Vigado ter
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Budapest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Budapest and book an accommodation of your choice.
1% of people who visit Budapest include Vigado Concert Hall in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
80% of people start their Vigado Concert Hall visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Vigado Concert Hall
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vigado Concert Hall
The romantik building is one of its kind, absolutely stunning, strongly advised to go inside. Love the fact that many architects belittled it, because its style is not derived from the classical schools.
It is a very beautiful building with a variety of concerts, exhibitions and events. I definitely recommend this place to see.
Beautyful interior, Accessable central location
Vigadó (usually translated as "Place for Merriment") is Budapest's second largest concert hall, located on the Eastern bank of the Danube in Budapest, Hungary. Although the acoustics are lacking, the building itself, designed by Frigyes Feszl in 1859, makes a bold impression along the Pestembankment. Built to replace another concert hall on the same site (which was destroyed by fire in the 1848 War of Independence) Feszl's Vigadó was also badly damaged, this time during World War II. The post-war reconstruction, which took some thirty-six years to complete, remains faithful to his original design and continues to attract leading conductors and performers from around the world. The facade of the Vigadó was cleaned and restored in 2006. The Budai Vigadó is the home stage of the Hungarian State Folk Ensemble (The House of Traditions), the group having started in 1951 with Hungarian traditional dance and music. The group consists of 30 dancers, a Gypsy band of 14, and a 5-member folk band.
Gorgeous place with fantastic view of the Buda side