Church Of Saint JohnCurrently Open
- Address: Stari Grad, Budva, Montenegro
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids
The most striking feature of Budva’s largest church is the height of this place of worship. A highlight of the old town of Budva, St. John’s Church is one of the tallest buildings of the area and the Church’s bell tower makes the edifice look all the more impressive. Dating back to as early as the ninth century, the church played its part and served as the Catholic Cathedral till 1828. The Church as the visitors will see is made up of three different structures that are together referred to as the Catholic Church of Saint John. One of the things you shouldn’t miss out on is the Madonna of Budva that is said to have protected the city from all sorts of plagues and diseases since as early as the 14th century.
Church Of Saint John Travel Tips
- The Church is known for its eccentric timings, so it’s best to ask your hotel for the timings of the church during the season of your visit.
- Entry is free.
- While entry might be free, donations are accepted and encouraged.
- Konoba Stari Grad
- Caffe Restaurant Mozart
- Restaurant-pizzeria SAMBRA
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Budva before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Budva and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Budva include Church Of Saint John in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
34.71% of people start their Church Of Saint John visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Church Of Saint John
70.53% of people prefer walking in order to reach Church Of Saint John