Cafe Tortoni2216 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Avenida de Mayo 825, 1084 Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
- Timings: 12:30 am - 11:59 pm Details
- Phone: 54-1143424328
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Cafe, Family And Kids
The Cafe Tortoni is a historically famous café in Buenos Aires. The specialty of the café is the huge The café has undergone numerous decorative renovations and additions, the first being the re-designing of the frontal façade in 1898 by the native designer Alejandro Christophersen. An adequately furnished basement for the café was constructed in the first half of the 20th century. The basement was constructed to create a hub for the arts and literature in the city. Consequently, it has been visited by several Argentinian literary stalwarts namely – Alfonsina Torni, Baldomero Fernandez Moreno, Juana de Ibarbourou, Arthur Rubinstein, and many others. Café Tortoni has also been visited by several famous personalities of modern times like Juan Manuel Fangio, Albert Einstein, Hillary Clinton, Juan Carlos de Borbon, and many other renowned personalities.The café is definitely a modern cultural hub in Buenos Aires
The Cafe Tortoni is one of the main tourist attractions to visit and should definitely feature in your Buenos Aires Itinerary 5 Days.
Cafe Tortoni Travel Tips
- The basement of the Caminito is presently used as the venue for hosting tango and jazz shows, along with exhibitional and promotional programmes for books and cultural shows. Snookers, dice, and dominoes are also provided for recreation.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cafe Tortoni
- It’s a café, food and beverage costs apply.
How to Reach Cafe Tortoni
- Avenida de Mayo 825
- La Brigada
- El Palacio de la Papa Frita
- Laurak Bat
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Buenos Aires before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Buenos Aires and book an accommodation of your choice.
76.41% of people who visit Buenos Aires include Cafe Tortoni in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
37.72% of people start their Cafe Tortoni visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Cafe Tortoni
79% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cafe Tortoni