- Address: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: 54-1159842444
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Museum, Entertainment, Performance, Family And Kids
Caminito - Review
Among the numerous street museums situated in Buenos Aires, the Caminito is the most well known pastel art gallery of Buenos Aires. The Caminito dates back to the 1800s, when a tributary of the Riachuelo River had its route through the land of Caminito. As the stream dried up, the bed was restructured to make it possible to lay railway lines of the Ferrocarril Buenos Aires y Puerto de la Ensenada.
Later after the railway service was discontinued, the disused tracks through the spread of Caminito were removed and an Argentine painter named Benito Quinquela Martin became the creator of the modern Caminito. He refurbished the décor of the walls and houses of the area through his artistic skills and creativities in pastel colors. Moreover, he built a performing stage for the regional performers, which has been transformed into a proper concert hall. Juan de Dios Filiberto wrote a famous eponymous song about the Caminito that has garnered quite a bit of attention for it. This place is guaranteed to cheer up the most melancholy soul!
Caminito is one of the main tourist attractions to visit and should definitely feature in your Buenos Aires 5 Days Itinerary.
- The Caminito had attained worldwide fame through the immensely expressive lyrics of the song composed by the renowned Argentine artist Juan de Dios Filiberto. The numerous pastel shades of Benito Martin are preserved for visits and exhibitions.
How To reach Caminito by Public Transport
- Don Pedro de Mendoza
Restaurants Near Caminito
- La bBarrica
- Restaurante Patagonia Sur
- La Perla
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Buenos Aires before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Buenos Aires and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Caminito
95% of people who visit Buenos Aires include Caminito in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
23.93% of people start their Caminito visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Caminito
94.39% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Caminito
1 View7 Days 6 Nights7 Day Trip to Buenos Aires, San Miguel from Garden GroveBy: Guest UserCity: Buenos Aires, San Miguel
Caminito, Buenos Aires Reviews
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa