A zoo with a wide variety of animals and exhibits, the Buffalo zoo is quite a hit amongst kids and adults alike. There are a number of animals here like polar bears, tigers, Asian elephants and zebus. They have a good variety of reptiles like spiny tailed lizards, pancake tortoises and alligators too. Besides this, visitors can get to see tomato frogs, crested toads and other such interesting and rare amphibians. There is a playground where kids can unwind and many interactive shows that make the animal kingdom come alive for you.
Buffalo Zoo Travel Tips
- Rides and shows will attract separate fees.
- For special timings and festival timings please refer to the official website.
Entrance Ticket Details For Buffalo Zoo
- Regular Admission: $12.00 (age 13 - 64)
- Children (age 2-12): $9.00
- Seniors (age 65+): $10.00
- Free for children 23 months and under.
Buffalo Zoo Hours
- July 1 - August 31: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Fridays in July and August: 10:00 am. - 7:30 pm
- September 1 - June 30: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- *Grounds remain open 1 hour after gates close.
On Fridays in July and August, the Zoo is open for admission until 7:30 pm and you may remain on grounds until 8:30 p.m.
How to Reach Buffalo Zoo
- Nearest bus stop: Amherst Street and Parkside Avenue.
- Nearest metro rail: Amherst
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Buffalo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Buffalo and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Buffalo include Buffalo Zoo in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
65.46% of people start their Buffalo Zoo visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Buffalo Zoo
58.59% of people prefer walking in order to reach Buffalo Zoo
Buffalo Zoo Reviews & Ratings
are there senior supervised tours for the mentally challenged?Answer Report Abuse
Do you have gift certificates? If so how long are they good for?Answer Report Abuse