Frank Lloyd Wright's Fontana Boathouse Tours
About Frank Lloyd Wright's Fontana Boathouse, Buffalo
Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fontana Boathouse is famous as the only boathouse designed by Frank Lloyd Wright! It was actually designed in the year 1905 for the University of Wisconsin, but the Boathouse could never be built until the year 2007 where it is made accompanying the Black Rock Channel shore. This is said to be one of Wright’s favorite designs, as can be seen because of his inclusion of the Boathouse in his Wasmuth Portfolio. The boathouse is now used to serve its original purpose. It is used as an active rowing facility and provides a unique opportunity to see one of Wright’s designs.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Buffalo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Buffalo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Frank Lloyd Wright's Fontana Boathouse Tickets Prices
- Adults: $10
- Students: $5
- Season Pass Holders: FREE
Frank Lloyd Wright's Fontana Boathouse Opening and Closing Hours
- Please note there are no regular Thursday 1 pm tours on days when All Wright All Day tours are held.
How To Get To Frank Lloyd Wright's Fontana Boathouse by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus stop: Lakeview Avenue and Porter Avenue
Book Frank lloyd wright's fontana boathouse Tickets And Tours
Forget the long lines and confusion associated with finding transportation from the many Buffalo Niagara International Airport arrivals. Skip the taxis and shuttles and travel with confidence â and without worry â by scheduling a private luxury vehicle. Choose from a 4-person sedan, a 6-passenger SUV, or a van that seats up to nine travelers. Sit back and relax as the vehicle travels from the Buffalo-Niagara International airport to a Niagara Falls, New York (USA) accommodation.
Share your experience - Rate Frank Lloyd Wright's Fontana Boathouse, Buffalo
Looked great on the outside but it was closed. Made a special trip to see it. If you go call first, website sid it was open.
Great bar with water views!
If you're lucky enough to visit when a crew team is practicing, you might be able to visit inside and see the details of Frank Lloyd Wright's genius up close.
- Other Attractions
- Pinelands Charge The United
- First Baptist Church Of Egg Harbor City
- Renault Winery
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Luxury Hotels Near Egg Harbor City City Center
- Luxury Hotels Near Pinelands Charge The United
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near First Baptist Church Of Egg Harbor City
- Budget Hotels Near Renault Winery
- City Tripplans
- USA East Coast Itinerary 12 Days
- Trip to Miami, Washington D. C., Atlanta, New York City, Orlando, Buffalo
- Trip to Las Vegas, Washington D. C., Philadelphia, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, Monterey, Buffalo, Niagara Falls
- Trip to Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Buffalo
- 10 Day Trip to New York City, Albany, Buffalo from Mesa
- 23 Day Trip to Las Vegas, Washington D. C., Los Angeles, New York City, Toronto, Buffalo, Niagara Falls from Delhi
- Trip to Buffalo
- Trip to Montreal, Boston, Toronto, Buffalo
- Trip to Buffalo
- Trip to Las Vegas, Washington D. C., Los Angeles, New York City, Orlando, San Francisco, Buffalo