How to Reach Buffalo
HOW TO GET TO BUFFALO
- By Plane: The nearest Airport to the city of Buffalo is Buffalo Niagara International Airport (IATA: BUF). From the Airport there are various ways to get to the city. You can rent a cab or the most convenient is to use one of the four NFTA bus routes.
- By Train: You can prefer to travel by Amtrak services. You can either arrive at the downtown Buffalo Exchange street or the Buffalo Depew.
- By Bus: The city is serviced by Greyhound services and it is a very efficient way of getting to the city.
By Car: You can take one of the following highways:
- New York State Thruway (Interstate 90)
- Interstate 290
- Queen Elizabeth Way
- Interstate 990
HOW GET AROUND BUFFALO
- By Car: You can definitely choose to travel through the Buffalo Skyway and a lot of free ways that are accessible in Buffalo. You can also use the services of Buffalo Car-share, if you are a long term visitor.
- By Metro Rail: The city is well connected by the system of Metro Rails.
- By Bus: The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority has an efficiently run system connecting all the major parts of the city. The system is no more zone fared and costs you around 2.00 USD for a ride a day in either the bus or the Metro rail and you can travel to any lengths.
Free transfers are not available from the bus to the metros and you can take a pass for 5.00 USD a day to use both the services.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Buffalo. The most preferred mode of transport in Buffalo is Car.
Average distance: 18.04 km Average time: 22.47 min
Car 82.35%Driving 23.14 min Overall average time for 21.26 kms 23.14 min
Bike 5.88%Bike 15 min Overall average time for 3.22 kms 15 min
Walking 11.76%Walking 21.5 min Overall average time for 2.9 kms 21.5 min