Collections at this museum cover multiple ancient civilisations such as Thrace, Greece and Roman. Most of the exhibits focus on the development of cities and sailing along the Black Sea Coast, right up to the period that the land was conquered by the Ottoman Empire in the 14th and 15th centuries.
The museum is not a stand alone building. It’s part of the Regional useum of Burgas, a collection of 4 buildings that are all within a 4-5 minute walk from each other.
Entrance Ticket Details For Burgas Archaeological Museum
- Adult: 5 BGN
- Senior and Student: 2 BGN
- Family: 8 BGN
- Children (under 7) and disabled persons: Free
- Free: Students (individuals up to 8 people): every Monday from 10am-4pm; 3rd of March - National holiday, 18t of May - International Night at the Museum, 6th of December - Day of Burgas.
- Prices may be combined with visits to multiple departments of the Regional Museum as follows: Visit 2 museums for 6 BGN; Visit 3 museums for 8 BGN;Visit 4 museums for 10 BGN.
- Guided tours: BGN 20
Burgas Archaeological Museum Hours
- Sunday and Monday: Closed, except by request.
How to Reach Burgas Archaeological Museum
- Buses 1, 2, 4, 12, 211 stop Onepa.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Burgas before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Burgas and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Burgas include Burgas Archaeological Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
43.55% of people start their Burgas Archaeological Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Burgas Archaeological Museum
71.19% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Burgas Archaeological Museum