How to Reach Burgas
HOW TO GET TO BURGAS
- By Air: Burgas Airport receives flights from several important destinations from Europe.
- By Train: The central train station at the heart of town has regular departures to Moscow, Kiev, Prague, Bratislava, Budapest, Krakow.
- By Bus: The South Central Bus Station has transits to practically every important Bulgarian city, and also to Turkey and Greece.
- By Ferry: The Bulgaria Hydrofoil LTD runs ferries to Varna, Nessebar & Sozopol.
HOW TO GET AROUND BURGAS
- By Bus: The public transport system is very well-developed and disabled friendly. Tickets cost 1BGN and can be purchased from the conductor.
- By Car: The blue zone parking system operates between eight in the morning to six in the evening from Monday to Friday. You may park for BGN 1/hour.
- By Taxi: Taxis are easy to find. Make sure that the driver is going by the meter. Night charges may be higher than day charges. There are 10 taxi companies and they may have different rates.
- By Cycles: Getting around the city by bicycle is both smart and popular. Bikes can be picked up from bike stations. There are 20 km of cycling lanes.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Burgas. The most preferred mode of transport in Burgas is Walking.
Average distance: 9.5 km Average time: 17.25 min
Walking 50%Walking 10 min Driving 1 min Overall average time for 1.5 kms 11 min
Car 25%Driving 15 min Overall average time for 23 kms 15 min
Bus/Trolleybus 25%Bus 20 min Walking 10 min Waiting 2 min Overall average time for 12 kms 32 min