Are you looking for what to do in Burgas?
PLACES TO SEE
- Strandja Mountain: This mountain massif is also a important natural and cultural heritage. There are 19 villages and two town, many camping sites, lots of trekking trails, and innumerable exotic plants and animals. Birding, fishing, riding, camping are popular activities.
- Sea Garden: A massive botanical park facing the sea that for a century has delighted the people of this town. It’s an important cultural and leisure centre; has a small amusement park; an open air theatre; important historical monuments.
- Regional History Museum: The establishment, made of four separate departments in four buildings (History, Archaeology, Natural History, and Ethnography, has the best record of Burgas’s past. The buildings are all within a 5 minute walk from each other.
- St. Anastasia Island: A former convent ground that was used as a prison the earlier 20th century. It houses a lighthouse, a museum and a beautiful little chapel.
- Kayak Safaris in Bulgaria: This family run business takes you out into Bulgaria’s wilder territory in short day and half-day safaris.
- PH Quads: 4WD bikes may be the best way to tour the Bulgarian countryside. Kevin and James are wonderful guides.
Below we have a list of things to do in Burgas and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Burgas getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Burgas with confidence.