Burgos CathedralCurrently Open [Closes at 07:30 pm]
- Address: Plaza de Santa Maria s/n, 09003, Burgos, Spain
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-947207712
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
The title Heritage of Humanity has been rightly conferred upon the Burgos cathedral in the year 1984. The duration of construction of this church lasted from the year 1220 to 1260.
When here it is a given to visit:
- The high altar: The high altar was constructed in the 13th century and has been an important attraction since then.
- Chapel of the Constable: This was one of the modifications from the 15th and 16th century.
- The Flycatcher Statue: This is an interesting attraction and the statue opens its mouth at the ringing of every bell.
- The sepulchre of Muddara: This is a statue of the stepbrother of the Seven Princes of De Lara.
The spot has many other attractions such as Door of El Sarmental, South arm of the transept, Door of the Cloister, Chapel of the Visitation, Chapel of St Henry, Chapel of St John of Sahagún, Chapel of the Relics, Chapel of the Presentation, Chapel of the Holy Christ of Burgos, Golden Staircase, Chapel of San Nicholas, Transept and dome and the Chapel of St Gregory. All of these transport visitors back in time and also creates a tranquil feel within.
Burgos Cathedral Travel Tips
- It would be ideal to go during a chapter house mass.
Entrance Ticket Details For Burgos Cathedral
- 6 € for senior citizens.
Burgos Cathedral Hours
- Worshiping area open time – 8.30 am to 1.30 pm and 4.30 pm to 8 pm.
How to Reach Burgos Cathedral
- Gaia Restaurante Vegetariano
- Cerveceria Morito
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Burgos before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Burgos and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Burgos include Burgos Cathedral in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
50.75% of people start their Burgos Cathedral visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Burgos Cathedral
93.48% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Burgos Cathedral