Cartuja De MirafloresCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: CarreteraFuentesblancas, Km 3.5, 09193 Burgos, Spain, 09193
- Timings: 10:15 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-947252586
- Fax: +1-947272854
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Monument, Architecture , Exhibition , Community And Government, Religious, Churches
Cartuja De Miraflores - Review
Spain has quite a few gothic attractions and the Cartuja de Miraflores at Burgos is one of the most important gothic monuments of Spain. The buildings were original built as a palace for Henry III of Castile in 1401, but his son John II of Castile gave orders to make it a royal burial place. Finally, in 1441 the abbey was formed which then went through many renovations.
The following are why the place is special:
- From Divine to Beautiful Exhibition: This is a beautiful exhibition that displays art works from the 15th century.
- Chapel of Our Lady of Miraflores: The chapel allows you glimpses of Baroque frescoes which are beautiful to look at.
- Elevation of the Cross: This is a modern art piece done by Joaquin Sorolla.
Apart from these, the Chapel of Blessed Sacrament is one of the most important landmarks of this spot. It has a large number of things that are charming to look at.
Cartuja De Miraflores Information
- If you are unable to find a suitable time during open hours and have a large group, connect with the body and they shall arrange something for you.
How To reach Cartuja De Miraflores by Public Transport
- Bus line 17
Restaurants Near Cartuja De Miraflores
- La Tabernadel Abuelo Luis
- Los Canonigos
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Burgos before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Burgos and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Cartuja De Miraflores
69.76% of people who visit Burgos include Cartuja De Miraflores in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
56.1% of people start their Cartuja De Miraflores visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Cartuja De Miraflores
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cartuja De Miraflores
People normally club together Museum Of Human Evolution Or Museo De La Evolucion Humana and Yacimiento De La Sierra De Atapuerca while planning their visit to Cartuja De Miraflores.
Cartuja De Miraflores Trips
1 View5 Days 4 Nights5 Day Trip to Burgos from The Woodhouse Day Spa - Columbus, Oh
Cartuja De Miraflores, Burgos Reviews
Peaceful, beautiful and will only take 1hr to go round once you’re there. Well worth the 10 min drive from the centre to visit and has artwork and an altar that rivals the cathedral.
Possibly one of the most peaceful and serene laces I have ever been to.
It's an interesting place to visit, beautiful art work and building. Worth going if you're nearby but I wouldn't drive a great distance.
Great little convent a couple of miles outside of Burgos. The building is lovely, it has some nice art, a wonderful altarpiece and lavishly decorated tombs of the king and queen who were the parents of Queen Isabella. Well worth the visit.
Beautiful monastery , definitely worth visiting, checking out, and paying to go in (in donations) - Got to learn a lot about the history of the area, spain and the monastery it self