Castillo De BurgosCurrently Closed
- Address: Cerro de San Miguel, s/n, 09004 Burgos, Spain
- Timings: 11:00 am - 02:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-947203857
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Castillo de Burgos is an enchanting fortress of Spain and is also one of the first buildings of the city. Count Diego Porcelos is the man behind this building who built this for defensive purposes in the year 884. The fortress was imperative to the “Reconquista” which was a historical process where Christian Kingdoms sought to control the Muslim rule.
The places of importance here are:
- The Door: There are 2 doors here; one recently excavated and popularly known as the South Gate and the other one that faces the North West.
- The Pozo: The pozo is an underground well that contains immeasurable data from the past.
- The Gunpowder Factory: One of the many secondary activities carried out here was, the gunpowder factory.
- Alcazar: This place also referred to as Alonso X was inhabited by the royal prince Joan X II along with his father Henry X II.
Castillo De Burgos Travel Tips
- Castillo de Burgos is also known as the Burgos Castle.
Entrance Ticket Details For Castillo De Burgos
- € 2 for children
How to Reach Castillo De Burgos
- Burgos Bus Station and Renfe Rail
- Taperia Royal
- La Quinta del Monje
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Burgos before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Burgos and book an accommodation of your choice.
35.48% of people who visit Burgos include Castillo De Burgos in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
45.83% of people start their Castillo De Burgos visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Castillo De Burgos
84.21% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Castillo De Burgos
Castillo De Burgos Reviews & Ratings
The empty remains of the castle of Burgos are worth visiting early in the morning just after it has opened. Informative displays in Spanish and English guide you around the castle. The views are magnificent. Worth visiting if you've parked nearby to go to the Mirador. Steps nearby take you down to the city.
Great place to visit and many things in English
Beautiful! Great views of Burgos and on a nice day is the perfect place to take a walk .
Nice view, conveniently organized space. There is no castle though, but walls and ruins. 60 meters well was very impressive. Better visited by car, plenty of parking right in front of the entrance.
Quite place and great view of Burgos city. Mostly in ruins but a good evening walk. Perhaps the oldest monument in the city dating to 884 CE