Are you looking for what to do in Burgos?
PLACES TO SEE
- Burgos Cathedral: This peaceful piece of history with its grand architecture, art and stone work will take your breath away even if you are not religious. A must-see on your vacation itinerary.
- Cartuja de Miraflores: Originally a hunting lodge built by King Enrique III at the beginning of the 15th century, it was converted into a monastery that is still active today. A serene place to visit.
- Museo de la Evolucion Humana: If you’re interested in learning about the origin and evolution of man, you must visit this museum – add it to your itinerary planner.
- Monasterio de las Huelgas: A beautifully preserved and still active monastery. Photography is strictly not allowed. Take a guided tour to better understand the significance of this historical area.
- Castillo de Burgos: It’s worth visiting the place simply for the view! There is also an impressive underground well there.
- Yacimientos de la Sierra de Atapuerca: A great place to learn about human evolution displaying great archaeological finds. A guided tour is a must to truly understand its significance.
Below we have a list of things to do in Burgos and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Burgos getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Burgos with confidence.