Yacimiento De La Sierra De AtapuercaCurrently Open
- Address: Burgos, Spain
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +34-947257067
- Ticket Price: 12 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Archaeological Site
Yacimentos de la Sierra de Atapuerca is a mountainous region at Castile and Leon in Spain. It is not only an area of natural interest but also a cultural heritage. A large number of archaeological things were found at this spot very recently. The caves of the Sierra de Atapuerca are home to fossil records of the earliest humans being in Europe which dates back to as far as one million years ago. The reserve is an exceptional scientific study of our human ancestors.
Owing to which, these mountain ranges have been in limelight since a last few years. A nearby museum exhibits the findings of the place which makes it easier to understand the importance of the mountain range.
The attractions found over here are –
- The railroad trenches: These trenches are remains of the railway line constructed during the industrial revolution for mining purposes.
- The archaeological diggings: These are found here owing to ongoing excavations.
- Mirador: Remnants of the Neolithic and the Bronze Age have been found at this spot.
- Orchid Valley: This site is outside the caves and has an amazing length of 30,000 years.
Yacimiento De La Sierra De Atapuerca Travel Tips
- The place is popularly known as Sierra de Atapuerca.
- Ensure that you visit the Museum of Human Evolution along with the mountain range.
How to Reach Yacimiento De La Sierra De Atapuerca
- Burgos Bus to Ibeas de Juarro Bus station
- Meson Arlenzon
- Restaurante Comosapiens
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Burgos before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Burgos and book an accommodation of your choice.
80.65% of people who visit Burgos include Yacimiento De La Sierra De Atapuerca in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
48.57% of people start their Yacimiento De La Sierra De Atapuerca visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Yacimiento De La Sierra De Atapuerca
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Yacimiento De La Sierra De Atapuerca