How to Reach Burhanpur
- By Air: The nearest airport is the Indore Airport located 190 kilometers form Burhanpur city. Thee Chilkalthana Airport in Aurangabad is located 223 kilometers from the city.
- By Train: Burhanpur railway station is part of the IRCTC network and is on the route of Jhelum express, Kranataka express, Mahanagari express and Sachkand express among others. This is the most preferred way to reach the city.
- By Bus: If you travelling to Burhanpur from Indore, Bhusawal, Jalgaon and Aurangabad, opt for a bus ride. Government run state-busses as well as private busses are available.
- By Road: You can take the Maharashtra Highway 4 to reach the city of Burhanpur or take the Khargone - Burhanpur Highway if you are travelling from North.
- By Auto-rickshaw: The colorful multiple-seat rickshaws catch your eye right away and offer rides at a pre-decided price.
- By Bus: The local busses are a good way of getting into the skin of the city and exploring Burhanpur like a local. You can buy tickets once you are in the bus.
- By renting a Car: If you want to, you can rent a local Car to explore the city conveniently.
- By horse-drawn carriages: Another common sight in Burhanpur are the horse-drawn carriages that take you around the city for a pre-decided price.
- By Walking: The city of Burhanpur is pretty small with most of the attractions framed around the city center. You can cover the heart of the town on foot.