Khuni BhandaraCurrently Closed
- Address: Kundi Bhandara Road, Burhanpur, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-73326178
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids
The Kundi Bhandara was designed in the 17th century by the Moghuls during the reign of Shah Jahan to curb the water needs of the city. The unique underground structure (around 80 feet below the ground level) uses Gravity to store and move water to the city of Burhanpur.
Today, its simple yet ingenious design is a major attraction for tourists. The place has been partially revised after 400 years to curb the water shortage in the city! A visit here as you explore the tunnels, is akin to touching history.
- Carry a torch and wear sturdy shoes and comfortable clothes.
- Ask local organizers for a tour of the place since the place is accessible only by tours.
- Call up the authorities for a tour of the place.
- Bus: Pushpak Bus Stand (7 kilometers away)
- Train: Burhanpur train station
- By Rickshaw
- By Horse-drawn carriages
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Burhanpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Burhanpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Burhanpur include Khuni Bhandara in their plan
50% of people start their Khuni Bhandara visit around 09 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Khuni Bhandara
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Khuni Bhandara